t w e n t y

Deshara

"This is all your fault, fucking bitch." Bri'Keria yelled at me the next cell over. We have been in a holding cell for almost 24 hours now. It feels like I've been here 1,000 years. All I've been doing is crying because I've never went to jail or even really got in big trouble before. Bri'Keria always been the one to be in some mess so I know this shit ain't new to her.

"Shut up talking to me!" I yelled back. Bri'Keria been talking out the side of her neck ever since we got in here. Acting like she just didn't get her ass whooped.

"Alright you two. Y'all better stop or y'all gone be in here some more time."A brown skin middle aged guard said. I didn't even realize another person was in here with us. The police that arrested just locked us in here and said, "Have fun." Like this shit a joke, then they left.

"What's wrong with these kids today.", The lady shook her head mumbling under her breath.

"What the FUCK did you say?" Bri'Keria caught an attitude with the guard.

The guard turned around and raised her eyebrows,"And who you talking to?"

"You, you dirty pig."

Aw shit now. This some Beyond Scared Scared Straight type stuff.

"Well lemme repeat what I said since you didn't hear me the first time. I said KIDS. THESE. DAYS."

Bri'Keria rolled her eyes, "And what you mean by that, the fuck."

"Just what the fuck I said, ghetto asses. Fighting in the street and shit like some damn hooligans."

How she even know all this shit and she just a guard? Police be gossiping like some females huh?

I shook my head,"I am not ghetto, that girl started with me and I finished it. I was just defending myself."

"Psh. Whatever. Fighting at a gas station seems pretty ghetto to me." The guard snickered.

She became quiet for a few moments, staring at Bri'Keria.

"Stop looking at me, weirdo!" She yelled at the woman.

The guard spoke up. "You look a little familiar."

Bri'Keria scoffed, "You don't know me."

"Oh yes. Now I remember. You're that little hoe I caught in my house with my son. Your name is Bri somethin', right?"

Bri'Keria's face reddened,"I don't know what you're talking about. I've only had sex with one person so you telling lies on me."

Now she know good and well.

"I know yo mama too, wait till I tell her all about yo disrespectful ass."

That reminded me of how my momma gone beat my ass when I get out of this place.

"I think imma keep you in this cell for a longggggg time." The guard chuckled in Bri'Keria's face.

"Imma let you free." She nodded to me.

She unlocked my cell and I was full of so much joy. I plan to never have to come back to this place ever again.

"Thank you so much!" I was so ecstatic I hugged the guard.

"I'm not even supposed to be doing this but you seem like a nice girl who doesn't get into much trouble. I'll just tell them your mother came to pick you up."