t w e n t y - t w o

Chanel

It's been about a week since I moved out. Xavier's mom actually helped us get an apartment. It's not all luxurious and stuff but it meets Xavier and I's needs. At least his mom supports our relationship, unlike other people.

I hate that I had to leave my family but my dad gave me no other choice. It hurts my heart to know that he doesn't even want Xavier and I together, the father of my child. He didn't have a problem with him until I got pregnant and I don't think that's right.

Oh well. I guess I have to move on.  

I haven't talked to anybody in my family since I have left, including my mom. I miss her so much though. I just feel like I need time to myself just so I can just relax and get it together.

Right now I was up early getting ready for the day. I have to prepare for the baby shower. I have so much to do today in such a small amount time. But at least I have my girls to help me. Xavier is gonna help too, of course but you know how men are. They aren't that superb with decorations and stuff.

"Goodmorning baby. How you sleep last night?" Xavier came and gave me a hug from behind.

"Hey boo. I slept well. What about you?"

"Good, good. My neck hurt bad as fuck for some reason though. It feels like it's broke or sumn. I need a neck brace." He held his neck in pain.

"Boyyyy you are so dramatic." I replied, "You always gotta act like it's the end of the world."

"Man whatever you just don't care bout me." He joked, "What you tryna eat this morning?"

"I don't know, since we gone be out how about we stop and eat at Bojangles?" I suggested.

"Ight cool. Lemme get ready." He kissed me on the cheek.

I sat down at my vanity in our bedroom and began to do my makeup when my phone started to ring. At first I was gonna ignore it, but me being the curious person that I am picked my phone up to see who was calling me.

My father.

I decided to let the phone ring because I don't even have the energy to talk to him at this point. He really hurt me by his actions. 

I went back to doing my makeup when my phone rung again. Not to my surprise it was my father, once again. I quickly pressed decline this time and he called again, and again, and again. I couldn't even do anything on my phone because he would continue to call me. By the time he stopped calling back to back I was heated. I decided I was going to put my phone on do not disturb. 

In the process of putting my phone on do not disturb mode, my dad texted me saying that my mom was in the hospital.

Chyna Marie

"Fuckkk." I groaned as I checked the time on my phone. It was 10:30 and I was supposed to be at Chasity house around 9:45 so we could go get everything together for Chanel's baby shower today. Chasity had been doing a lot of the work on her own since Chanel and I weren't talking. You know she's the one who doesn't take sides. Everybody needs somebody like Chasity in their lives.

I texted Chasity telling her I woke up late, I was getting ready now and that I should be on my way soon.

When I walked into my bathroom and saw myself, I laughed. I had tear stains and my eyes were so red from crying. I looked like a damn clown. Last night was terrible. Just hearing another female voice and Keon not being in his room for a long time while I was on the phone made me wonder.