III

CHAPTER  3

There are certain things I hate other than human beings. Like shopping or getting my nails painted. I’m really not one of the girly-girls like Zoe and I don’t intend to be. Besides, Zoe and my mom do my shopping for me so that I won’t have to go to that terrifying place.

Believe it or not I hate getting my homework done. Stop it with the stereotyping.  If you thought that all nerds fancy school works then your life was a lie.

On top of that, one thing that I hate the most is this thing called “Mornings”.  Not to mention that today is Monday that makes it ten times the fun. Hooray.

I was being sarcastic by the way.

I rolled off my bed and landed on the floor with a loud thud that makes me groan in paid. I stood up and head to the bathroom downstairs. Clearly the Architect-if there’s any- of this house wasn’t thinking when he designed this house.  He should have placed another bathroom upstairs to make it more convenient.

Whatever.

After brushing my teeth, I took a teeth-chattering bath, put on my red lacy undergarments and wrapped myself in my tiny towel. I practically half run-half walk towards my room. I slammed the door shut and dropped my towel. I stood in front of my closet and placed a hand on my hips while tapping a finger on my chin.

I stood there for the whole five minutes.

You don’t have to impress anyone, Carra. Just be yourself. I sighed. You’re right, inner self. I don’t have to impress anyone. The fact is, I don’t know how to be myself. The Nerd Carra that everyone knows doesn’t suit the real me.  Only Zoe knows that.

I pulled out a white blouse and tucked it in a black circle skirt and a pair of ankle boots. I dabbed a minimal amount of make-up then ta-da! I smirked at my masterpiece. My outfit screams that I’m smart but I don’t give a shit either.

After making sure that all the doors and the windows are locked, I make my way towards Shelly. I’m pretty sure that I mentioned Shelly a while ago, but if you missed it, Shelly is my yellow 1980 mini cooper. And just my luck, Shelly’s tank is empty.

Guess I have to walk on my first day in College. Can my life get any worse?

I’ve been walking for thirty minutes and by the time I finally set a foot on the University grounds, I looked like I’ve been ran by a herd. My hair looks like a freaking bird’s nest and my once white blouse turned into gray. Needless to say: I looked like a total mess.

I straightened my hair while taking in my surroundings. There are rows of arched trees that lead to the massive Gothic style building which I assumed was the main building. It was stretch like a letter ‘U’ with the tallest building on the end.

There are people chattering on the lawn. Some are having a picnic and some are just lying. Have it ever occurred to them that there might be bugs crawling on the ground? Or worst, animal poops.

Other people are just playing Frisbee and soccer. It feels like a typical University to me but I can’t help but to feel a little overwhelmed-

“Hi there!” My thoughts were cut by a high pitched voice.

I turned to her and saw a blonde with a long straight hair who’s plastering a plastic smile at me. Her blue eyes stand out with her pale face and full pink lips. She looks like a walking Barbie, not to mention that she’s wearing pink from head to toe.