Chapter 6 Friend or Foe

The lunch bell rang and the girls ran back to their home room. They opened the door hesitantly. Ivory stood behind the teachers desk confidently.

"We're here, so what did you want to tell us." Louise said getting right to the point.

"Is that any way to talk to your teacher?" Ivory said calmly.

"Just get to the point." Anne growled.

"Hmm, if you want allies to survive you really should treat them better." Ivory said nonchalantly.

"If your implying your our ally I think you hit your head or something. Need I remind you that you've already tried to kill us a day or so ago." Louise pointed out.

"I guess you have a point but, you said you can read each others minds right?" Ivory asked.

"Yeah what of it?" The girls retorted in unison.

"Well, that's a type of magic, and around here we don't kill anyone without good reason. Besides I was told to kill two humans, not two mages so, as far as I'm concerned I'm not allowed to kill you, nor do I have any reason to." Ivory sighed.

"Wait, are you telling us we have mind reading magic and that we are mages?" Louise asked curiously.

"That's what I'm saying Louise." Ivory said, rolling her eyes.

"Well, why can't we read your mind then?" Anne asked. Ivory shrugged.

"You probably haven't had the proper training." Ivory suggested.

"Oh and one more thing I've noticed, lights tend to dim when I walk by, and Louise is drawing circles like a person with OCD." Anne said, looking to Ivory for any hints of emotion.

"Mages can only have one type of magic." Ivory whispered.

"What was that?" Louise asked.

"You probably haven't had the Rebirth." Ivory said.

"The Rebirth?" Louise and Anne asked, looking at each other.

"This is going to take forever and the bell is going to go soon anyway. Here, meet me at this place tonight." Ivory said, handing the girls a note.

"How about tomorrow? We have some plans tonight." Anne said, negotiating with the assassin.

"Fine, but if your late I will leave." Ivory said as the bell rang. The girls ran to their next class, sports. The girls had adrenaline pumping through them in excitement. They ran into the gym and got changed into the sports clothes they had to wear.

'Do you think what she said is true?' Anne asked Louise telepathically.

'Not really sure if we should or shouldn't.' Louise answered truthfully.

"Class, meet me out on the track." The teacher yelled. Louise felt eyes watching her, she turned around and looked around.

"Louise?" Anne asked.

"It's nothing." Louise said, smiled and ran after her friend, her ash blonde ponytail bouncing.

"You sure, I can sense the worry in the back of your head." Anne said, staring at her friend.

"I just felt like someone was watching us." Louise shrugs.

"Hmm, okay." Anne said, and the girls jogged around the track for the warm up.

"Louise, Anne can you two come here please." The teacher called them.

'Why do we keep getting into trouble today?' Anne asked Louise telepathically.