2

"hana-ah! what's taking you so long?" daehwi yells from her living room.

"hey you gladly wanted to walk with me today! stop complaining" she says back from her bedroom. 

the boy lets out a sigh. he crosses his arms, leaning back at the chair. just then, hana steps out in the bright yellow uniform, her hand on the messenger bag on her shoulder.

"finally, you took forever. let's go" daehwi complains again, standing up. "you have me all lazy now"

"whatever" hana says, rolling her eyes playfully, grasping the keys to her apartment. 

her and daehwi head to school. 

her and daehwi have been friends since a vocal class they went to at a young age. when daehwi moved to america, hana did too, but not for long. she stayed for only 2 years before moving back to seoul. although in the four years of not seeing each other, their relationship has never lost it's touch. with skype video calls everyday, you can't really go wrong. 

on the way to school, hana and daehwi chat about random things. the sky was a pale shade of blue, the seasons were changing, with winter on it's way, the already cold air worsens. the occasional breeze blowing by rustle leaves around them, and the cold slowly turning hana's hand red and slightly numb. 

"ah, your boyfriend's here" daehwi points out in the middle of their chat.

hana hums when an arm wraps around her neck, pulling her into a side hug. 

"hi" 

hana is unable to hide her smile as her boyfriend, bae jinyoung warms her up. 

"you two are so sweet i'm going to get diabetes" daehwi admits. 

"your hands are so cold.. i told you to at least bring a scarf so you can wrap them with it" jinyoung complains like a mom, holding both her hands up between his. 

hana stops in her tracks, looking up at her loving boyfriend while he gives a cute smile back, his nose bridge scrunching up like usual. her heart beat would speed up like usual whenever she sees that. it happens every time. she can't imagine the day when her heart would stop speeding up when she sees him. 

"you're not gonna be late for school?" hana asks as they continue their walk. 

"nah, i can run" he says proudly. 

hana smiles, leaning onto him. 

"now i remember why i dont walk with you to school now" daehwi remarks. 

"you'll find the one soon" jinyoung says, giving an encouraging thumbs up. 

"you know! the next thing walking out from that alleyway is gonna be the love of my life!" daehwi announces pointing at the corner of an alleyway they were walking by. 

they stop , looking at the corner. and it was then. 

a puppy walked out. 

daehwi gasps happily, running to the small animal already. 

"OH MY GOD CUTIE" he coos, lifting the brown puppy up, cradling it. 

"what are the odds" hana comments. 

"see i told you so"

"what are you gonna do with it?" jinyoung asks, going beside daehwi, and squatting down to his height. 

then, hana's phone vibrates in her pocket, indicating a new notification. she pulls the device out, just to see a message from that boy, jihoon.

Today 6:29 AM

@p.jihoon good morning

@p.jihoon i have to go to school, so i woke up early

@song.hana wow i'm actually on my way to school right now

@p.jihoon can you believe we're Meant For Each Other

@song.hana Enough

"hana-yah! let's go" 

"okay okay" 

she shoves her phone in her pocket quickly, catching up with the two boys. 

once they were almost there, jinyoung goes his own way, and daehwi and hana enter the school building. 

it was slightly crowded, but not too overwhelming. she feels another vibrate and pulls out her phone. 

"hana, i'm gonna go to class first, wait for me at the gate later okay?" daehwi informs.

"hm, okay"

hana stops at her locker, still looking at her phone.

@p.jihoon you dont like it :c

@song.hana you're so cheesy

@p.jihoon i like cheese just as much as the next guy

@p.jihoon i'm afraid i'll have to leave the conversation first 

@p.jihoon i have class to get to

@p.jihoon bye bye <3

@song.hana bye

as she places her phone into her locker, the bell rings. students rush to their classes. but hana and jihoon had no idea they just brushed by each other.