deafening

I watched as Agent Mccall made his way into the station, confusion clear on his face as he looked around at the empty room

      I watched as Agent Mccall made his way into the station, confusion clear on his face as he looked around at the empty room. He shot us a quick glance before walking up to Deputy Parrish sitting at his desk.

He motioned toward the posters on the wall behind him, wondering whether they had any leads on his sword-wielding maniac, annoyed at how different their appearance had turned out in the pictures and the mocking tone in Parrish's voice.

I stared at the photo, thinking back to the other night. To the masks covering their faces, to their green-yellow eyes and shadowy figure. How their eyes glowed as they were searching for the spirit.

I leaned my head back against the wall, my eyes still on the photo, "Why did the Oni come after me?"

Kira turned to look at me and shrugged after a few moments of silence, "I have no idea. I guess they must've seen us together."

"Yeah, I guess," I could feel her stare burning through me.

"Are you all right? You've been a bit...distant since that happened," She asked cautiously.

"Yes, I'm okay. I'm just worried about Stiles is all," I answered with a small smile which she returned nodding, although I could tell she didn't believe that was all there was to it.

She was right though. I had been feeling a bit different since I had received that mark behind my ear. Like something had changed. I just couldn't see what it was.

Scott's father walked back out with a piece of paper in his hands, making his way to the Deputy, "Is this the exact transcript of Scott and Stiles's phone call?"

Parrish looked up at him with a raised brow, "It's what he gave us."

"But these words, Stiles says, 'Something smells terrible. My eyes are watering.'" Before the Deputy could answer, the Agent turned his attention to the voice coming from the front. Scott's mother was standing there, looking for him.

"Is your car still outside?" I whispered to Kira.

"Uh, it should be, they left with the Sheriff, why?" I grabbed her hand and stood up.

"Let's go," She followed behind me with a confused stare, wondering why I had suddenly wanted to leave.

"Where exactly are we going?" She asked as we got into her car, buckling ourselves in.

"Scott's father over there figured something out," I said nodding my head toward Agent Mccall walking over to his car with Scott's mother following him. "And we're going to follow them!"

We followed them all the way to the woods and watched as they got out of the car and made themselves inside.

"Why would they be coming here?" Kira let out confused.

"I have no idea," I unbuckled the seatbelt and opened the door, "Come on, let's go."

"Are you serious?" She asked with wide eyes. I simply nodded as I closed the door and started walking.

We followed behind quietly, keeping our distance.

Suddenly the piercing silence was interrupted by a deafening scream. I turned to look at Kira and we both started running toward it as fast as we could.

The words no and wait kept echoing throughout the forest and I forced myself to run even faster.

"Stiles, you're all right! You're all right, you're all right!" I stopped as I watched Scott's parents on the ground, Melissa holding Stiles tightly in her arms.

"Stiles?" I let out in a surprised whisper. His eyes found mine and the fear in them made my heart hurt.

I dropped down on the ground in front of him, my hands absentmindedly reaching up to either side of his face, a sigh of relief escaping my lips.

"We need to take him to the hospital," Scott's mother said as she began standing up. I stood up and took hold of Stiles's other arm, holding him up as we walked out of the woods and back to the cars.

Hospitals always managed to make me feel uneasy. I found them too bright and unwelcoming. A small shudder ran through my body as I sat on one of the chairs in the waiting room.

All I knew at the moment was that Stiles is sleeping and is just fine.

He managed to sleepwalk all the way over to the woods and into that coyote den he was in when found.

How was that fine?

I sighed and leaned my head back against the wall, my eyes resting on the Sheriff and Melissa Mccall standing a few feet away having a conversation. I strained my ear, trying to catch some of it.

"-some questions, some symptoms and-" The Sheriff cut her off.

"Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about," He started, holding up his notepad, "I've been writing these down for the past two weeks...I think we need to do some tests."

That did not sound like everything was okay.

A/N:
Thank you for adding, voting and commenting on this story, I can't tell you how much this means to me!
I might be a little slower with future updates! I have depression and it's a bit more difficult to deal with at the moment. I will try my best though!