~Chapter Four~

Nanshe's POV

After a bitter silence between me and Anuket, we arrived at the Palace. We both stared in awe at the structure among us. The building matched the chariot with its pearls and gold, and we were escroted into the piece of architecture. I looked around with eyes wide open. I turned to see Anuket's reaction, but she only stared nervously with mud surrounding her. Was she hiding something?

Anuket's POV

Oh, no. My thoughts raced. Did she see me? She hates me. I know it. If she knew, she'd tell someone. Oh my Royals.

Nanshe's POV

We swam into the room directly behind the ballrom with yet another girl and-

Anuket's POV

"King Ahti!" I fell to the floor at his presence. "Your royal highness!" He glided right to me and motioned for me to rise.

Nanshe's POV

Anuket immediatly bowed after seeing King Ahti. I had no idea what to do since we were called here. I simply put my hand over my mouth to stiffle my giggles.

Vedenemo's POV

I blushed at the sight of the girly-girl seeing my father as such an important figure. We're not that special, are we?

Nanshe's POV

"Anuket, Nanshe." King Ahti smiled and nodded at each of us. Anuket returned the gesture. I did not. "This is my daughter, Princess Vedenemo, but you may call her Veddy."

Anuket's POV

"Veddy! OMG!" I darted to her and shook her hand. "It's so great to meet you! Oh, hun, I am going to make you look gorgeous!"

Vedenemo's POV

This girl, Anuket, obviously had a few issues. She vigorously took my hand and pumped it up and down, and after I pulled away, she began rambling on and on about how "gorgeous" she was going to make me look.

"Anuket. Please sit down with Nanshe."

Anuket's POV

What? Sure enough, Nanshe was sitting politely in her chair with her head held high, her earbuds out of her ears, and hand folded neatly into her lap. I growled to myself in anger. If only he had seen what she was like on the chariot...

Nanshe's POV

For once, I was the good guy. Finally. Time for Anuket to see that she wasn't queen. Ved was the closest to that.

Third person POV

Anuket quickly took her seat as King Ahti placed himself in his throne.

"Now, girls," he began, "I have called you all here for your missions." Anuket began squealing in excitement before Ahti beckoned for her to calm down. "I need for you girls to go to the Forbidden Unknown with Veddy as your guide/supervisor. You will be enrolled at the public middle school where you are stationed, and you will take the lives as ordinary, human girls."

Nanshe's POV

I thought I would get promoted. That I wouldn't be picking crops my entire life. But why me?

Anuket's POV

What? But I loved my job. It kept me safe. It made me feel special.

Vedenemo's POV

Daddy knows I hate to take responsibility. How am I going to take care of two teenage mermaids in the Forbidden Unknown?

A/N

Oooh, not wanting to go on your mission now are you, Anuket? Haha, I hop you guys enjoyed this (short) chapter! Do all that shit that I told you to do in all my other chapters, blah, blah, blah, etc. etc. pth, pth, pth. Bye!