The Night Before

"No, Phichit, I'm not going!" I said, folding my arms in front of my chest and giving him a firm stare.

"Come on Yuri, it'll be fun!" He replied as if he didn't even notice my attempts to intimidate him into leaving me here.

"Even if I did want to go...you know what my parents are like."

"You're 17 I'm fairly sure you can make your own decisions. Just tell them you're sleeping over at mine or something."

I thought about his suggestion but I didn't really want to lie to my parents. What if something happened? I wouldn't be able to call them without them finding me out and grounding me for 5 years.

"No, like I said I'm not going."

Although I tried to sound assertive it had no bearing on my excitable friend and before I could make a move to stop him he was already in my wardrobe and picking out clothes for me to wear. He just wouldn't take no for an answer would he, and eventually, I conceded.

"Fine, but if I go you promise to keep an eye on me? I don't want to get drunk and end up passed out on the street." I sighed shaking my head a little at his evident laughter.

"Yes Yuri," He said trying to contain his sniggers and putting his hand over his heart, "I promise that I will look after you so you won't get drunk off your ass again and start stripping and pole dancing like you did at JJ's party last year."

His comment thoroughly pissed me off but I couldn't blame him, I really didn't want that to happen again. It truly was a tragic day. Several people took pictures and the next day I found them plastered all over my social media pages, sent to me by at least twenty different people. I was the school laughing stock for over a month and believe it or not I even got offered a job as a stripper at a party someone was planning. That was definitely the most degrading moment of my school career.

It was at that exact moment I vowed I would never get drunk at a party again so I always limit myself to one drink.

Phichit finished laying some clothes out on the bed for me, he may be extremely annoying sometimes, but there is no denying he has great fashion sense. He silently crept out of the room, pulling the door shut behind him and left me to get changed.

I quickly pulled on my tightest black skinny jeans, a plain white v-neck top, a blue flannel shirt and a cute black scarf; checking myself in the mirror and fixing my hair a little before finally stepping out the door to meet with Pichit.

"Wow, who knew good fashion advise could make you look that much better!" He mock gasped.

"Haha very funny! Though, I do think its a shame you don't take your own advice." I joked back causing him to scrunch up his nose.

"You're very lucky you're my friend Mr. Otherwise you'd be in for a world of hurt right about now."

"Whatever, do you want to go or not?" I replied crossing my arms sassily to make a point.

He didn't hesitate and grabbed my arm leading me down the stairs towards the front door.

"Yuri! Are you going out?" I heard a faint yell from the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm going to spend the night at Phichit's. I'll come back tomorrow before school so I can get ready."

"Ok dear, have fun and try to get back early enough. You don't want to be late for your first day."

Phichit gave me a knowing smirk before pulling down on the door handle, swinging the door open and pulling me out into the bitter cold of the night. Damn I hate autumn. Its that time of year when everything is dying. The trees are becoming barer every second, the ground is frozen over more often than not and the occasional snow adds even more to the misery of it; especially since summer had only just ended, snow at this time of year was just ridiculous. Sure the first day is fun, you can go sledging and build snowmen; but what about the days after, when the snow starts to melt and you're just left with the depressing thick sludge.