Chapter 19: Ella & Niall

*Ella's P.O.V* 

Why wasn't she answering, she always does. Maybe she's working or her phone died or something. Before I could call her again the group came out laughing and holding onto each other for support. I watched them walk off and get into the car smiling having the time of their lives. Niall and Troy came out of the mall and were looking around with worried expressions until their eyes found me. "Why did you come out here?" Niall said plopping on the bench beside me. "Troy," He looked at me, "Is mom working today? She isn't picking up and I'm kinda worried." He stood still and didn't dare move, I looked over to Niall and he had his hands over his face. "Hello? What happened?!" I huffed. 

"Can we go somewhere else and talk about it, please?" Troy ushered. I nodded and he picked me up, Niall grabbed the crutches. They walked faster than normal and set me in the backseat of Niall's car. I put my seatbelt on as they climbed inside the front. "Don't hate me." Troy whispered to himself and shook his head. We drove in complete silence, road after road and stoplight after stoplight. I had no clue where they were taking me but I trusted them.

Niall drove taking his time and not racing to get wherever we were going. We turned down somewhat familiar streets and with tons of homes. Families gathered around and played soccer (football) and friends laughing and splashing in their pools. I turned away from the window and played with the hem of my shorts. We pulled into Niall's driveway and slowly made our way closer to the house. They turned off the car and we all got out, me lagging a little. Niall helped me up the stairs leading inside and into the living room. Troy sat down on one side of the couch and Niall sat down on the other. I plopped down in between them and rested my foot on the coffee table. Niall arm, as an instinct for him, wrapped around my waist.

"Now will you tell me?" I said resting my head on his shoulder. Troy's hands shook a little and he let out a long huff of air, "Mom was in a car crash two years ago and she didn't make it. It was had on everyone, but you were hit the worst. You cried for months and didn't talk or a little over a year. None of your friends wanted to hang out with you, because you were extremely sensitive. Bryan and I were the only ones who talked to you, but you never said anything. You quit volleyball, writing, and stopped listening to music. It hurt me so bad to see you like that and I cried not just for mom but for you." He blinked the tears away and started up again, "Slowly you started to come out of that terrible shell. Dad started drinking a lot and it got to the point where Bryan locked us inside his closet. The school threatened to call for us to be taken away, but for some reason you wouldn't let them. I'll never know why you did that. He started to beat us, mainly you because he blamed you for mom's accident. Which wasn't and will never be your fault." He stopped and looked down at his hands.

I didn't even blink I just sat there, waiting for one of them to say that it's a joke. It was quiet, but not to quiet because you could hear my heart break. This was the worst moment ever, and to make it all worse I'm actually remembering parts of it. "I um... well," I rubbed my arm gently and scooted over to Troy. I pulled him into me and wrapped my arms around his neck. He put his head into my neck and wrapped his arms around me. "It's okay, she wouldn't want us crying or making a big deal again." He nodded. We stayed like that for a few minutes until I remembered Niall was still there. We separated and took a deep breath and I flipped my hair out of my eyes.

"Are you going to school tomorrow?" He asked I nodded. "Yeah I guess so." I threw my head back. "Mr. Thomas will probably have some new jokes that I haven't heard yet." I giggled. "Yeah he's the best teacher in our grade besides Mr. Hardin." Troy laughed, "Well I'll see ya later E, love you!" He said hugging me again. "Love you too!" I hugged back and then he walked away and drove off. I sat up and looked around trying to find out where Niall could have gone. "Niall?" I made my way up the stairs and listened for any noises. Nothing but the wind blowing. I turned to go back downstairs when I heard strumming and stopped.