T H I R T Y S I X

The front door suddenly opens and I pause my show. I look at the living room door and wait for someone to come in.

"We heard everything that's happened today," says Chelsea and sits on the couch next to me.

"What the hell did you do?" Ethan asks me.

"She was getting on my nerves. And, she wanted to hear the truth. So I told her."

"Katherine, she's gonna murder you."

"Well, we have winter break for three weeks. She's gonna forget."

"You really said everything?"

"Every single detail. And I enjoyed it."

"And you pushed her?"

"Yep. She wanted to hit me, so I pushed her, and she fell to the floor. Oh, you should've seen her face. She was red. Like a tomato." I start laughing, but they only look at each other worried.

"I still don't think it was a good idea to tell her."

"Well, I don't give a damn." the doorbell rings. "I'm gonna answer."

I get up from the couch and slowly walk to the door. When I open it, I realize I shouldn't have done that.

"Bye!" I say with a fake smile on my face and try to close the door, but he stops me.

"You're not gonna ignore me now. We need to talk."

"I thought I said everything today." he walks past me and I roll my eyes.

"Why did you do that?" he asks me angry, and we walk in the living room. "Hey, guys!"

"Grayson? What the fuck are you doing here?" Chelsea tries to get up from the couch, but Ethan holds her down.

"I have something really important to tell you. You might not believe me, but it's true, I swear." he looks at us hopefully.

"Five minutes. Go." I command and sit on the couch.

"Meredith is not who you think."

"What do you mean?"

"She betrayed you. She's Sarah's spy. She told them about our plan."

"What are you talking about?" I ask him.

"I heard Meredith, Sarah, Clarisse, and Lily talking today."

"Yeah, sure. And we should believe you," says Chelsea frustrated. I stay silent, thinking.

"Wait, he might be right. Last Friday, when I walked to the bleachers with Jeremy, I saw her talking to Sarah, Clarisse, and Lily." I say.

"I'm sure she would never do this. It must be a mistake."

"Also, it was Sarah's plan. She commanded Meredith to tell you that we hooked up at the party. But, I swear, that's not what happened." he looks into my eyes full of hope. He wants me to believe this.

"I-I-uhm... I don't know what to say." I stuttered. He walks closer to me and holds my hands in his.

"Please, Katherine. Believe me. I'm not lying."

"It's a lot to process. I need time. Please."

"Ok. I'll give you time."

"Thanks."

"Wait, so you're saying that our best friend betrayed us too?" Chelsea breaks the silence.

"Exactly."

"I'm gonna kill that bitch when I see her."

"It's not gonna help," I say.

"Gray, we should leave." Ethan stands up and walks to his brother.