T W E N T Y S E V E N

Friday

Yesterday I watched with Grayson half of the first season. And I love it. It's too freaking awesome! I like Eleven, but I don't. Do you know what I mean? It's that moment when you half like something, but half hate it. It's weird, but it's real. Oh, and I hate Steve. So freaking much. But I love Jonathan. And Mike. And Dustin. And Lucas. And even Will, who hasn't appeared a lot on screen. I feel so bad for him and Joyce and Jonathan!

"Miss Murray, are you with us?" I lift my head up and look at my Geography teacher.

"Yeah, sir. I'm sorry."

"What was the last thing I've said?"

"If I'm with you in the classroom," I answer with a sassy voice. A few students giggle.

"Miss Murray, I'm going to call your parents if-"

"They're on vacation, sir. I don't think you wanna interrupt them."

"It won't be necessary if you wouldn't make any problems."

"I'm sorry, sir."

Ugh, I hate this teacher. Well, not more than Mr. Turner, but almost as much.

Fortunately, the bell rings. I grab my stuff and throw them in my bag, then I put it on my shoulder and leave the classroom. Zack follows me outside laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"You."

"Why me?"

"Mr. Andrews is gonna be a bitch with you until the finals. And you don't even realize that."

"Well, I don't care."

"Your indifference kills me." he chuckles again.

"Hey, guys!" I turn my head and see Chelsea.

"I gotta go. See you later, Zack!"

I stride to my locker. When I arrive, I open it and throw my books inside. I take out the History ones. I close it and see that someone's waiting for me.

"Katherine, let me explain. Please."

"Bye, Ethan."

I turn around and walk away. But, he follows me. He grabs my wrist and turns me to face him.

"Let me go, Ethan. I don't wanna talk to you."

"Just let me explain. I'm sorry, okay? But we were scared of your reaction. And Grayson's. We wanted to tell you both soon."

"Soon like a week before you got engaged?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't know, Ethan. But I trusted you. And you and Chelsea lied to me. I really don't understand why would you think I'd react worse than now. I would've been happy for you. But, you had to lie to me. So no, Ethan, we're not gonna talk about this. Now, let me go."

He frees my hand and I walk away from there.

Now I'm supposed to walk in my History classroom, where I'll be, for an hour, in the same room with Grayson, Sarah, Clarisse, and Nate. Great. Absolutely great.

I walk past Grayson and Nate on my way to History. I don't stop to look at him, even though I want to hug him and kiss him. But, I can't. Not yet. And this kills me.

I enter the classroom and sit down in the front row. It's safer if I sit here. I stare at my hands until I hear the door. It opens, and he comes in. We look at each other for a solid five seconds, until I break the eye contact. I have to focus on something else. Like on the homework that I had and I didn't do it. Yeah, I should've done that yesterday. But, instead, I watched four episodes of Stranger Things with Grayson. It wasn't really smart of me.