T H I R T Y

Thursday

The last two days have been a little awkward. Especially when I had English or Biology. Oh, and at home was even weirder cause I had to pretend that I don't know what my dad has done. Do you know how hard it is to pretend like everything's fine? Like you have no idea that your father's cheating on your mom? I hate him because he hurt my mom, but I can't show him that I hate him cause he'd realize that I know and the story goes on. I wonder what they're gonna do.

As soon as my English class finishes, I grab my stuff and almost fly out of the classroom, but my dad stops me. Grayson walks past me with a worried face.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask him.

"No, no, I just wanted to ask you about their birthday party. When is it?"

"On Saturday. At three pm. Chelsea and I are going to keep them away from the house until then."

"Thanks."

I fake smile and leave the classroom. The hallways are empty. Of course everyone tried to leave the high school as fast as they could.

"Hey!"

I jump a little when Grayson gets out of the bathroom.

"Hey!"

"Why did your father stop you?"

"He told me to make sure that Chelsea leaves her bedroom. She's almost completely fine." I lie and smile.

"Is she coming tomorrow at the game?"

"She can't. She'll probably leave the house on Saturday. Don't forget. We have the morning prepared for your birthday."

"What are your plans?"

"You'll find out soon." I wink at him and smirk. He smiles and shakes his head, looking at the floor. "You should go to your car. I think there are still people in the parking lot."

"You're right. You leave first."

"I really hate this."

I kiss him shortly, then open the double doors. I exit the high school and walk straight to my car. As I said, there are a few students in the parking lot. The wannabe fuckboys, or the Freshmen and Sophomore little boys who can't drive. I really don't know what they're doing in the parking lot if they don't have cars.

"Hey, Murray!" says one of the wannabe fuckboys and waves at me, having a smirk on his face and sunglasses on his eyes.

"Hi?" I answer back, not knowing who's the kid.

"Your father's the English teacher, right?" not again!

"Yeah, so what?"

The five wannabe fuckboys come closer to me, trying to look like they are the big bosses of the high school. Well, guess what, kids, my boyfriend, and my best friend rule the school, so you should mind your own business.

"We wondered if you had any idea where are the Finals subjects."

Their leader gets out a penknife, probably to scare me.

"Even if I knew, I wouldn't tell you. Now, move. I wanna go home."

He raises the penknife and walks closer to me.

"I have this, in case you haven't seen it yet."

"So? I'm not scared of some wannabe fuckboys aka wannabe bad boys." I wrap my arms around my chest.

"I don't wanna use this, beauty. So, you should tell us."

"Look, assclown. Let's forget that my father's a teacher. Ethan Dolan and Zack Lawley are my best friends, and they basically run this high school. If I tell them you threatened me, they're going to kick your asses so hard that you're gonna end up in a hospital. Oh, they won't do it alone. Their friends will help them. So, unless you want a free ride to the hospital, I suggest you mind your damn business."