Moving out

The ringing of my alarm wakes me up from my beautiful sleep. A groan escapes my mouth as I drag myself out of bed. Honestly I prefer to still be dreaming but I have things to focus on. I take a quick shower and dress up. I check my watch and I have fifteen minutes before my dads stipulated time to throw me out so I decide to take a last bite from my Nanny's precious hands.

Dragging my suitcase along, I let it lie by the door and jump into the kitchen. For the first time I notice that it's only the kitchen in this house that is painted in a bright colour presumably white, the rest of the house is either painted a shade of dark colours consisting greatly of grey and black. I suddenly realise how dull the house seems and I feel like putting on an apron and repainting the whole parts pink. Am no red haired barbie but who am I to judge, maybe just maybe Jade would love it.

I peep through the door and realising no one is in, I sneak in and pack a whole lot of fruits before I put them in my bag and wait innocently for my Nanny's sandwich. Honestly I could buy fruits but am not giving my parents the pleasure, besides am not planning on carelessly spending my savings since its all I live on for now till hell knows when.

"uuh... " am disrupted from my thoughts when my nanny walks in. "Good morning, " she says looking at the fruit tray before looking at me in amusement.

"Morning, "I answer faking an innocent face.

"I see you are all set up and ready to go." she states and smiles. I look at her expectantly before she stops smiling and looks at me, "don't ask how I know, you know am your brothers favorite person too. " she says and resumes setting the dinning table. Well I almost forgot, of course he went crying to her on 'how big brother is leaving us'. I grin at that thought, at least am a good brother, something to be proud of.

As people come down for breakfast, I hug my siblings telling them how much I'll miss them before taking my suitcase and heading off to the garage. Of cause just before I forget, my nanny has packed me a whole lot of food as if am heading to journey in the desert, which I am but not literally. Reaching the garage, I head for my convertible before my father stops me. He throws me the key to his old Mercedes and smirks taking the key to my car. "I'll give you that car only and only if I deem it right that you've grown up." he says in a low voice emphasizing each word.

I look at him annoyed, of course what else did I expect, actually I don't need a car right now but I'll take it just in case. I smile as I take the key giving him my most annoying look before I stuff my things in the car and take off.

I rent a hotel where I leave my things and drive to my former school. Reaching I stop at the gate and wait for my girlfriend. Of cause I wasn't going to leave things as they were, I needed to clear everything before I leave, I want to tell her I love her and ask her to wait for me. Being the first time am doing this, admitting how I feel to someone, I have to admit am a little nervous. I spot her getting off her car as she motions for her driver to go.

Calling her name and realizing she isn't getting me, I ran catching up with her and smile warmly at her standing in front of her. She shoves past me making me grab her wrist and turn her around facing me.

"Look, " I start nervously as I scratch the back of my head "I'm sorry for everything okay, I'm leaving and I thought we'd make up before I go, I know this is not the best timing but I'm in love with you Jeda," I look at her with so much hope feeling completely vulnerable after admitting my feelings for her.

She looks at me stunned before chuckling, " Look here Herman, you are no longer the cool thing around here so am dating the next cool guy around, how can you be so damn? " "what" I look at her taken aback and confused. she smiles even wider before shoving past me. I turn around to see my dad looking at me with something next to concern before it totally disappears.

" Are you Dan Martins, the owner of Jackyds group of companies " she asks as my dad nods and smiles down at her, suddenly she starts flirting with him. I stare at her completely disgusted. " How come you don't know, are you and my son friends? " He questions before I see a confused look cross Jedas face.

" Who,what is your sons name, I may know him? " she asks looking at him expectantly batting her eyelashes "Herman, I just saw the two of you talk minutes ago, " he smiles down at her reassuringly before she looks at me surprised.

Well, I just live my life so I'm not surprised she didn't know, actually very few people know and that's only if they find out and I can't deny it anymore. "What do you think you are doing here dad? " I ask raising an eyebrow. " picking your things from the school that's all, and what are you doing here? "

" Breaking up with my girlfriend, she is all yours now," I say glaring at Jeda before walking away with my head hanging low and my hands in my pants pockets. If I didn't know my dad, I would expect him to lash back or try justifying himself but I know he is completely whipped by his wife and he wouldn't dare cheat on her, well it doesn't hurt to try and irritate him after throwing me out.

I feel broken and completely vulnerable. I shouldn't have opened up my feelings to Jeda. My eyes well up with unshed tears but I refuse to give in. "Son? " I turn around and glare at my father," drive safe" he says his voice laced with a sudden fear and concern making me smile "I'll try Martins, " I say and walk away as I hear my dad get into his car and drive off.

I give one last longing look towards my former school and smile, I'm going to miss this place. I give Jeda who is still standing at the gate confused one last sad look before getting into my car and driving off to the hotel.

Getting to the hotel, I check my things. Finally I decide to accept my Nanny's offer, a little adventure could not harm. I was grateful to her for offering me all of her savings, maybe someday I will pay her back. Truth is, my savings weren't enough to sustain me a week contrary to what my dad thought. I used most of my cash trying to please my now ex girlfriend, fortunately everything turned out to be worth it.

When I reach the hotel room, I quickly change into something comfortable and head to the lobby where I meet my new clients. As soon as they settle, we get down to business and in twenty minutes, I'm done. Not wanting to use any cash on them, I order water for them and as soon as I receive the cash, I bid the gentleman goodbye and head my way leaving them to their business.

When I get to my room I find my phone ringing and I receive it without checking the caller ID. "You can't just have sold your car, you can't be serious," I hear my dad groan on the other side of the phone and smile.

"Hello Martins, nice to hear from you, and yes am not planning on spending the rest of my life sleeping in the car, I need a place to sleep. If that car really means a lot to you, then you go buy it from them, they are just dealers, " a hear a series of curses before the line goes dead. I smile and lay on my bed knowing that in a few hours my phone and other gadgets will be gone leaving him with no way to bother me, well apart from my iPad which he has no access to.

********
Next chapter in a few...