Chapter Seven: Inner Space

This has to be a dream. This whole day...it all has to be some twisted nightmare.

That was what Alexis kept telling herself, but the result remained the same: she was actually fleeing for her life with a bunch of meddling kids, their talking Great Dane, a dog catcher and his deadbeat son, and a tall brunette armed with a bō staff.

The brunette (Carrie) led them across Georgetown's campus grounds.

They ran to a tall, black rectangular solid displayed right outside Lauinger Library.

Alexis had passed by it for weeks, figuring it to have been a model that the art department put there.

To her bewilderment, it was way more than that.

Carrie placed her palm against the sleek marbled surface of the solid; under her delicate touch, there was a brief flash of blue light outlining every detail of Carrie's palm before it "seeped" into the solid.

A set of doors then materialized, revealing a much bigger space within.

"Holy...!" Alexis gasped.

Craig and Willie shared in her shock.

"Lord Jesus, I've stepped into The Twilight Zone," Willie muttered.

Alexis was quick to realize how little Fred, Daphne, Shaggy, Velma, and their dog, Scooby-Doo, were daunted by the dimensionally disproportionate interior. "This doesn't faze you kids whatsoever?" she questioned them.

"I guess we oughta come clean to you, Professor Redding," Daphne said. "We've been traveling with Carrie for quite some time."

"Solving mysteries across multiple dimensions," Fred enthusiastically added.

            In hearing this, Alexis grew infuriated and surmised, "So all of you knew about that man who tried to kill me back in class?!"

"That man is my twin brother, Christopher," Carrie disclosed.

"He said his name was Everett," Alexis recollected.

"That's what he calls himself in this regeneration he's in," Carrie stated. "I got a distress call from a source, telling me that he and his earliest regeneration, LeMarier, were targeting you."

Alexis became more and more befuddled. "Wait. Hold up. Regeneration? Your 'source'? Who's your source?"

"You are," Carrie stoically answered.

She brought them all inside the bigger-on-the-inside solid.

Craig, Willie, and Alexis couldn't believe the majestic, well-conditioned room they walked into. It was like a spaceship. A strawberry aroma filled the air, making it more obvious that it was owned and operated by a woman.