Epilogue: The Beginning of the End

The T.A.R.D.I.S.es of the four Gladiators and the Doctor's Type-40 model piggybacked each other once again. They all barreled down the swirling multicolored time-space energy that was the infinite dimensional corridor, until it metamorphosed into blue and red, fast-moving energy. This was indication of their arrival through the time vortex associated with the Doctor's T.A.R.D.I.S.

Within one of their conjoined console rooms, Carrie and the Mystery Inc. gang thanked Tuck Pendleton, reverted back to average size, for succeeding in his mission inside of Alexis.

"What was it like to traverse the inside of a human body?" Velma probed.

Her question prompted a heavy sigh out of Pendleton. "Something I won't ever forget...no matter how hard I try."

            Close by them were Alexis and Jeff, who still remained in his Meteor Man outfit

"So...how does it feel to be a superhero?" she asked him.

Jeff swelled with a sense of buoyancy Alexis had never seen in him before. "It felt...exuberating...like I'm a whole new man." His enthusiasm then dwindled. "Of course, the Doctor says that it's only temporary. The more I use my powers, the more I exhaust them."

"Well," Alexis said, "we'll just work on you using them sparingly."

"Does that mean we're still...you know...together?"

Alexis knew what incited him to question their future; she did herself, soon after she regained her Time Lord physiology. "Jeff, I'm sorry you had to find out the truth about me this way."

"You mean the truth that my girlfriend of four months is actually an alien from another dimension?" Jeff's tone insinuated some humility over the fact, which was surprising to Alexis. "After being hit by a meteor and blessed with superpowers, you'd better believe I'm willing to go the next level."

Alexis was moved by his response. "You are such a wonderful man, Jefferson Reed." She locked her lips with his and, for a brief moment, there was a literal spark between them – a discharge of meteorite energy.

" She locked her lips with his and, for a brief moment, there was a literal spark between them – a discharge of meteorite energy