Chapter 2

I stopped in front of Firehouse 51. The building was big and vast. The trucks I vaguely remember parked proud, from Squad 3, Truck 81, Engine 51 and Ambulance 61.

I paced in front of the parking lot, not sure to continue walking to the house or not. Then 2 familiar faces came out from the ambulance and called me.

"Hey! Luella, right ? How are you ?" Dawson asked me. I smiled and walked over to them. Shay gave me a tight hug, which I returned gratefully and did the same to Dawson.

"I'm good, thanks to you guys," I said to them sincerely.

"Oh, you're British ? I didn't notice before," Dawson said.

"Yeah um, Sheffield. Born and raised up til I'm 15. Haven't lost the accent, I reckon." I answered. They shook their heads and laughed. I extended my hand, giving them the galantine I made.

"It's for you guys, thanks a lot for saving my life,"I told them again.

"But we didn't save you, Casey did," Shay corrected me. I feel heat spreading on my cheek.

She understood and her eyes widen in surprise. "That's it, isn't it ? You've come to see Casey!" she half squealed excitedly. Dawson wasn't as excited as she is.

"Um, I'm not even sure who his name was before you confirmed it just now, and I've actually come to see you guys. But yes, I wanted to express my gratitude to the firemen," I countered.

"Well come on in," Dawson offered. I bit my lip.

"Sure it's no trouble ?" I asked.

Shay tsked. "It's fine," she dismissed. Then they both walked in, and I followed behind them. They opened the door, and warmth started flowing to my body,and honest-to-God I'm grateful. It's freezing outside. They kept walking, and passed a man and came to a stop.

"Oh hey Chief, this is Luella, from the school fire last shift," Shay explained.

I extended my hand. "It's nice to meet you, and your men saved my life, including these two,"-I pointed over at Dawson and Shay,- "And I'm very thankful."

"It's in the job description, Luella. And it's my pleasure," he shook my hand firmly, and went on his way, and we kept on walking.

Then we entered what appears to be a common room. It's simple and comfy.

"Oh!" A voice exclaimed from behind me, and I shrieked in surprise. Then all eyes were on me. I wish there's a hole right under my feet to swallow me right now.

Then the voice came in the shape of a man with mustache. "You're the school girl from the school fire!" he exlaimed.

"Actually, I'm a teacher, but yes," I answered, still embarassed.

"Ignore him. He's Otis," a man sitting on the couch said.

"Brian Zvonecek,"-he said to me, then whispered,-"that's Mouch," I gave him a smile. I waved at him. "Hi, Mouch," and he gave me a smile.

"Oh, she's a delight," A voice said again.

"Alright, alright everyone quit it," Dawson said. Then she turned to me.

"So you've met Otis and Mouch," she pointed to the guys.

"That's Lieutenant Severide, Cruz, Mills and Herrmann, also Capp and Clarke," she pointed to the guy who called me a delight, the almost bald big guy, the sweet faced one, and three other guys around the dining table.

"And here's Casey," Shay whispered to me as she and Dawson both sat around the dining table too. I turned on my heels so fast my head spun a bit.

There he is. He gave me a smile, and it melted my heart. "Hey, you," he said and walked over to me, giving me a quick hug.