chapter 2

Rose Joseph tapped her pencil against the desk as her eyes glared desperately at the clock. One of her best friends, Richie Tozier, was sitting behind her. He twirled Rose's hair around his finger and silently cursed to himself because her hair was softer than his.

At the last tick, the bell chimed causing the students to jump up and scatter out of the classroom.

"ADIOS BITCHACHOS!" Richie yelled as he dragged Rose by her hand out of the classroom. The 2 met up with another two of their close friends, Bill Denbrough and Eddie Kaspbrak.

Rose and Bill immediately interlocked hands as they walked side by side. This had always been a small habbit of theirs since kindergarten. They grew up as best friends, the two are inseparable.

Rose questioned, "okay I've been thinking about this, what does Stanley do at the bar mitzvah?"

"So there's this church full of Jews, right? And Stan has to take like this super Jewy test" Eddie began to talk as he used his arms as gestures.

"But how's it work?" Bill asked, swinging his hand that held Rose's back and forth.

"They slice the tip of his dick off." Eddie flat out said. Rose cringed and decided not to listen to the convorsation anymore. She kept quiet as she enjoyed the warm feeling she got holding Bills hand.

A pair of hands lightly cupped Roses face, pulling her out of her quiet trance. "You okay Rose?" Stanley asked as he released her face.

Before Rose could answer, Richie had already spat out an answer for her. "Of course she is, she's probably just daydreaming about her stuttering prince charming over here!" He smirked and rested an elbow on her shoulder.

"S-sh-shut up Richie." Bill groaned as a small shade of pink appeared on his face. They all let out small laughs that quickly died down as they walked by Henry Bower and his group.

Bill kept his grip tight on Rose, she lowered her head to avoid any eye contact with them. Her head remains lowered until Patrick Hockstetter decided to be 'funny' and smack Roses butt.

As his hand landed firmly on her rear, her head snapped up, and her natural instincts kicked in. Roses free hand quickly sprung up and slapped him straight across the face. Both groups stood there, not knowing what to do.

The tall dark haired boy began to get too close to her, causing her body to slightly shake in fear. Patrick moved his index finger down Roses cheek bone, causing her to shiver. Bill had enough. He moved Rose to the side so he was standing in front of her. His one hand still holding hers, the other was out to the side.

"D-dont fucking t-t-touch her." Bill stuttered out, his face was red with anger as he held Rose's hand tightly. He quickly lost his confidence as fast as he gained it, but he promised himself he would do anything to protect Rose.

"Oh wow, would you look at this. The stuttering queer is protecting his little whore." Henry Bower taunted him. Stanley lightly pushed the group away from the Bowers gang and towards the staircase.

"Think they'll sign my yearbook?" Rose joked as she tucked a small piece of hair behind her ear. Richie laughed as he imagined what the Bower Gang would write for him, "Dear Richie, sorry for taking a hot steamy dump in your backpack last March. Have a good summer!"

"I'll meet you guys outside." Rose said before walking into the bathroom, only to be greeted by Greta Keene.

Rose stood there as she watched the angry girl kick at a bathroom stall. She leaned herself up against the wall and crossed her arms.

"Are you in there by yourself Beaverly? Or do you have the guys in the school with you, huh slut? I know you're in there, little shit I can smell you. No wonder you don't have any friends."