chapter 3

Rose nestled herself into her bed as she laid her 'Great Gatsby' book across her lap.

There was a soft knock on her bedroom door right as she got comfortable. She held back a groan as she called out, "come in!"

The door slowly opened to reveal Bill, who's face was stained with tears. Rose noticed and jumped up from her bed. She made her way towards Bill and lightly tugged on his hand to pull him towards her bed.

The two sat on the edge of her matress. His head was resting on her shoulder, as she had her arm around him. She slowly rubbed up and down his arm.

"It's okay Bill, I'm right here." With that being said, he began sobbing. He nuzzled his head close to her neck, letting out hysteric sobs.

The 2 sat there, the only noise you could hear was now the soft sniffles coming from Bill. She ran her fingers through his hair as Bills body slightly shook.

After a few minutes, Rose asked him. "What happened hun?"

"M-m-my dad said Gerogie's d-d-dead. He can't be. He j-j-just can't. Why would he say that?" Rose lifted his head so he would look at her.

"Bill. I think we have a chance of finding him. I really do." Bill put on a small smile. He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a tight hug.

"You Rose Joseph, are a true blessing." He gave her a kiss in the forehead, which he knew she absolutely loved.

"Come on, let's get the other losers and go check the barrens."

_______________________
"Take everything but the Delicious Deals guys, my mom loves them." Eddie said as Bill and Richie raid his cabinets for snacks.

Rose sat at the small table placed in the kitchen, watching the boys make a mess. "Ohhh bring the twinkies, I fucking love those." She said as she pointed out the small box of them.

"Hey, first you said the barrens, and now you're saying the sewer. I mean, what if we get caught." Eddie asked, lowering his voice at the last part.

Bill had to stop himself from rolling his eyes. "We won't Eds. The sewers are public works."

Bill turned around to look at Rose for her to finish his sentence.

"We're the public aren't we?" She asked, throwing a wink in Bills direction causing his face to flush red.

Richie opened a cabinet that was filled with bottles and bottles of pills.
"Hey, Eddie, these your birth control pills?"

Rose rolled her eyes and groaned, causing Bill to let out a small chuckle.

"Yeah and I'm saving it for your sister. This is private stuff." Eddie snapped back. Rose's jaw formed an 'o' shape and said, "ohhhhhhh shit."

Everyone was heading to the door, Rose had her hand on the knob before Mrs. Kaspbraks voice stopped them.

"Eddie bear, where are you guys off to in such a rush?"

"Oh we're going to my backyard." Rose chimed in.

"Yeah, she got a new... a new..."
Bill attempted to help her but only stuttered out those few words.

"A new croquet set. Jeez, Spit it out B-B-Bill!" Richie added.

Mrs. K shot a smile in Roses direction. "Well I'm glad it's your house, you're my favorite out of the group." A small smile made its way on to Roses face as she heard Bill mutter under his breath, "she's my favorite too."

Mrs. K continued speaking " Oh and sweetie, don't go rolling around on the grass. Especially if it's just been cut. You know how bad your allergies can get."