Catching up

AUTHOR’S NOTE ***

AHH another one! This one is completely unrelated to the past one! Special mention to JASMINEDUNBAR! Go check her out; I’m obsessed with her fanfics! 

JOEY’S POV

Today is my first day of my last year in high school. Finally. Honestly, I liked school. I had plenty of friends and everyone accepted me for my sexuality. Yes, I am very very gay. If anyone talked to me a few years back, I would’ve denied anything then tried to find the nearest girl to make out with. I tried to lock the closet from inside; I refused to admit that I was gay. Last year someone changed my life. We had a student teacher who was teaching us for an entire month as a part of his apprenticeship program. His name was Shane but he insisted that everyone call him Mr. Yaw. I thought he was a prick at first. He was strict with how he wanted to teach us and punished everyone who misbehaved. There was one time where I got detention for talking to my friend Sawyer; he caught me talking but not Sawyer, so of course I was the only one who got in trouble. I spent an hour after school with him and at first it was awkward and truthfully I was mad at him for giving me detention. Then we started talking and actually getting to know each other. He confessed to me the amount of stress he was in just to be a good teacher, and I explained to him different ways to lighten up. I was completely open with him and told him secrets that not many people knew about. I didn’t really know why, but I felt comfortable around him. He was always the flirty type and I must admit, it turned me on to hell and back, but I wasn’t the best at flirting. I was still in the closet then and I didn’t have much experience with guys. I developed a small crush on him and usually got detention on purpose just to spend more time with him. I know I sound like a cheesy school girl, don’t judge me. Anyways I spent more and more time with him and eventually told him that I was gay.  He encouraged me to come out of the closet and now, thanks to him I have a supportive group of friends that love me for who I am. After the month was over, he had to go back to his campus, which was devastating for me because I was never able to take our relationship anything further than a student and a teacher. He was only a few years older than me, but already in his fourth year of teacher’s college because he graduated early, he was a genius. I miss him. I never saw him again after that because we both agreed that it would be inappropriate to see each other outside of school. I miss his smile and his contagious laugh. I miss how his hair hung low and swooped to the side. I missed his boyish and approachable personality…

Mom: JOEY YOU’RE GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL HURRY UP!

Shit! I’ve been so busy day dreaming about Mr. Yaw that I haven’t even gotten ready yet! I quickly put on my dress shirt and pants, fixed my hair to a pointed quiff and hurried down to the kitchen to grab a granola bar. I ran to my car and drove to school. Thank god I only lived five minutes away from my high school. I got to my homeroom and sat down when I realized that I didn’t bring any school supplies. I searched in panic, until I realized that I had left all of my stuff at home.  I silently blamed Mr. Yaw for causing my dilemma.

Joey: Ugh god, stupid Yaw.

???: excuse me, what was that?

I was about to turn around and yell at whoever was eavesdropping on my conversation… with myself, but when I turned around I was faced by a tall and muscular man. He looked oddly familiar. I looked past him and saw a name written on the board. I repeated it in shock.

Joey: Mr. Yaw …

Mr. Yaw: hey there Joey welcome back!

He greeted me with a kind smile and rested his hand on my shoulder.  I looked at him, still in shock while awe ran through my veins. He looked completely different from when I last saw him. He stood in front of me, muscular and toned, a short golden brown quiff, a rugged beard shadowing on his face. He looked damn sexy. I guess he noticed that I was practically speechless so he decided to explain himself.