The fall

There she was, Carly, leaning on Sarah, crying so hard I thought she was going to faint. I didn't know what to do, stay and face the music or run away like a mad girl.

I tried to run, but I only got as far as the gym before I fell. I screamed, the others all come over as quickly as they could. I couldn't place what actually hurt. When I tried to stand up I knew what hurt. It was my ankle, I looked down to see my ankle swollen to the size of a tennis ball. I then knew that something wasn't right. I tried to take a step, but the last thing I can remember is that I fell again.

----

5 hours later

----

I woke up in the emergency room of our local hospital. I was so confused. How did I get here? What am I doing here?

I looked around to see Carly, Sarah and my parents. They all had big, dark rings under their eyes. They saw me coming round and they all stood up and came to my bedside.

The first thing I wanted to say was 'what the hell am I doing here.' but I didn't because they beat me to it. they said, 'its ok, you're in the hospital, you broke your ankle really badly and may need an operation.'

I didn't know what to say.

I just stared into the distance. The medication they gave me was wearing off. I was starting to feel the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. It felt like I was being stabbed continuously. I wanted to scream. I called the nurse and they came running, I told them how I felt and they gave me the green stick.

I automatically felt the difference, then I started laughing uncontrollably. With that everyone else started laughing with me.

----

1 hour later

----

Ok, so I've got good news and I've got bad news. The good news is that I don't need an operation. I will just be in a cast and on crutches for 2 months. I'm so happy that I don't need an operation.

The bad news was that Carly and Sarah are mad at me again I thinks that the possibility of me having an operation was the only thing that kept them in my room for all this time.

So on top of my broken ankle I had to figure out a way to make it up to Carly.