Chapter 5: "You said you loved me"

We walked out of the King's mansion to the row of cars. "Me and Lilly will take her car and you boys can take the jeep," Adeline stated matter-factly.

"I-" one of the boys began.

Adeline held up a finger and began her march to my baby. The boys looked at me in question, I just shrugged, when Adeline was on a mission she got her way.

I followed behind her, she quickly turned around and gave me her best smile. I shook my head an mimicked her sweet face, she gave a pout and ran her finger from the corner of her eye down her cheek as if it was a tear. Adeline has been begging me to let her drive Bertha (I decided to name my love because someone thought I was a mom when I said "my baby"-- looking at you Jaxon and Maria--).

I went around to the driver's side door and got in. After starting the car, we were off.

-

-

-

I got out of Bertha, Adeline linked her arm with mine as we went up the driveway to the huge mansion (It wasn't as big as the King's mansion).

The music was blaring, I winced I hated loud noises. I always had, when I was little I would cover my ears when flushing the toilet (sometimes I still do it out of habit). I looked to my side to garner Adeline's reaction. She had a sweet smile that would bring any man weak to his knees.

When we finally walked inside the palace like mansion my nose was hit with the smell of alcohol and sweat. The smell burned. I looked around to see teens grinding on each other, others were making out.

Adeline made a bee-line for the kitchen, dragging me along with her.

"Do you want anything," she asks already taking out the vodka and pouring a glass for herself.

"No, someone has to drive home," I smiled.

"Now that I think about it we probably shouldn't have taken so many cars," she looked off and tapped her chin. "Eh," she shrugs taking a sip of her drink.

I shake my head at her.

Why did I choose her as my friend?

"Because I'm amazing and you love me,"

Did I say that out loud?

"No I'm just magical," she deadpanned

...

"Yes Lilly you said it out loud," she began to laugh, her face turned red and she held her stomach doubling over.

"Jeez woman it's not that funny," I looked her over, putting my weight on my left foot I counted the drinks she's had.

"I'm not drunk your face was just priceless," she said giggling. She wasn't hunched over anymore but she was still holding her stomach. "Let's do dance," Adeline jumped excitedly, I swear this girl runs a mile a minute.

She grabbed my hand and dragged me to the makeshift dance floor.

Her grip on my hand tighten.

He grabbed my wrist and dragged me across the floor like a ragdoll. Then grabbed the chains connected to the wall and put them on my wrists. He tightened the chains to an unbearable level. I cried out as He put all his weight on my fingers.

"No, no please stop, please!" I begged, trembling. He released the pressure from my fingers, he then bent down to my level grabbing my chin with the gentleness he'd showed me so many other times.