part 2

Belgaum. ..the commando 's training school. ..

   Officers from various  battalions  in Indian army were selected for the NSG  commando 's training. .

   .to work  as a national security guard would be a dream of every true soldier...

   There were twenty such soldiers in this batch. ..it wasn't easy to acquire. ..the training series was too hard. ..the soldiers had to undergo various training methods to build their body and mind sharp. ..

   They weren't allowed to the external world. ..along with regular physical exercises, they walked around ten kilometres daily. ..

      Sometimes, they had to dedicate their sleep too. ..

   Though the daily workouts threatened many of them , they survived out of their  mind's willpower. ..

        It was one of such task where the soldier was demanded to stay under water for some time limit. ..it was actually to get rid off the fear and to increase their lung capacity. ..in other way,  it was a training to withhold the enemy's tortures if suppose they caught up in any circumstances. ..

       The session began. ..so far, no soldier withstood under water for the  marked time limit. ..they couldn't continue as they gasp for breath. ..the medical team  was aside for emergency if any. ..

   Ranjith Singh, who's next on queue murmured to his friend. ..

" shravan. ..be ready man. ..I haven't relished any luxuries for my age. ..keep an eye on the timer. ..I don't trust the officer. .. ..get me back immediately ....If not, I will scare you as a spirit. ..do have it in your mind. .."

    He threatened and went to the pool. ..

    Ranjith was a young, naughty  foodie buddy. ..He was enjoying his life like a little kid. ..He never acted like a soldier. ..on the other side, he would be serious in delivering his duties. ..

This time too, he managed to hold his breath for some seconds ...

    " next. ..commando shravan malhothra. ..1576. .."

  Shravan stood up. ..He was taller and destined to be a commando. ..His every step towards the pool spoke volumes about his mental strength. ..

   He was ready to jump into the pool. ..then, he had to succeed the series of hurdles. ..crossing those hurdles were considered as nearly impossible. ..because, it consisted of  thorny nets, rope bridges, rolling logs and hot sand. ...

  Shravan determined himself to finish this task in three minutes. ..He inhaled deeply and dived into the pool ...His posture was perfect like an arrow that enabled him to settle underwater without much ado . .

      Seconds passed. ..it was beyond the time limit...there's no reaction from shravan. ..

   Ranjith panicked. ..

" officers. ..jump and search. .."

Before they could jump, shravan came to the water surface gasping for breath. ..

  He stabilised himself and reached the starting point. ..

  He clenched his eyes and waited for the gun fire to start. ..

" tiishoom. .."

As he heard the sound, his  body and mind alarmed and he started towards his goal. ..

  It was a miracle that shravan had finished the hurdle ride in 2 minutes 20 seconds. ..

He had set a scale for the next batches. ..

It was the ceremony day. ..

" the all rounder award was won by commando shravan malhothra 1576. .."

   It was a proud moment for him. ..yes he was succeeded the NSG  training at distinction. ..

        Later, he and Ranjith was called by the brigadier. ..

  They knocked the door and went in. ..

   They saluted and relaxed. ..

" shravan and Ranjith. ..I am so proud of you man. .your first posting is at Antarctica. ..unlike your regular battlefield, it's a secret mission. ..get ready to move by tomorrow. .."

   Shravan and Ranjith exchanged their confused looks. ..though they had so many questions, it's considered as disobedience to ask queries at superiors in army. ..

So they said simultaneously. ..

" yes sir, "

  They again saluted formally. ..

This time, brigadier pulled shravan to his hug. ..

" come on. ..my boy. .."

" Papa. .."  shravan hugged him back. ..

  Ranjith too joined their hug. ..He removed his cap and asked him. .

" uncle. ..in Antarctica. ..will they provide our Indian food. .?"

Shravan threw a death glare at him. ..

" Papa. ..but, why to Antarctica. .?"

" shravan. . . it's related to our country's reputation and security  ..it's really an important mission and you will be notified with the details soon. ..by tomorrow you will be leaving. .remember it's a secret mission. .."

They both nodded seriously. ..

------------------------------------------------------

   Somewhere in a developed country. ....

   " it would be a shame on us if India succeeds in this mission. ..already they are advancing in space research more fastly than we expected. ."

  The accent of the man was purely western. ..

" yes. . . they kicked Russian achievement by launching 104 satellites in a single PSLV. ..they had  set a world record. ...we can't allow them to grow beyond us. .."

There were  representatives of each developed country to  detoriate the success of Indian space research ...

  Sooner, they had a teleconference with some anonymous terrorist group which was acting world wide  to spoil  india 's space advancements and their mission. ..

The deal was signed for some billion dollars. ..

  At one side, the developed countries didn't like the magnificent development of India. ..on the other side, a crew of dedicated  indian scientists work to develop the nation's pride. ..

-----------------------------------------------------

  Hello friends,

  Thank you so much for your love and support. ..here's the next chapter. ..I hope you would have a happy read. ..do vote and comment. ..

Love,

Arulpirai. ..