five

{Elle's POV}

"Luc....what the hell are you-"

"You need to leave." I say, cutting my mother off and standing in front of her.

"That is no way to talk to your daddy, now is it?" He runs his fingers through my hair and I flinch.

"Luc you need to leave." Natali says, putting her hand on my shoulder. Natali, Me, and my mom are the only ones who know what he's really like. Grandma and Grandpa have no idea they think he's an angel sent from above to take care of their daughter. They know that he left her but they'd always hoped he'd come back. Mom doesn't have the guts to tell them what he is really like.

"It's my girlfriends birthday. Of course I won't leave." He says, walking toward the table.

"Of course! Let the man stay! I knew he'd come back!" Grandpa Joe walks over to him and pats him on the back. Mom looks pale as a ghost.

"Momma...." I say, walking closer to her. She closes her eyes and puts her head in her hand. "Mom...do you want to leave?" I ask, softly, putting my hand on her back. She tenses up a little but relaxes when she sees its just me.

"N-no I wan't you to s-spend time with your family." She grabs my hand.

"Its okay. I have you and Natali. Lets go." I say, just as Natali walks over and starts to rub Stef's back.

"Yeah sis, we should go." She whispers. Mom slowly starts to get up and I see Luc turn.

"Where you going, babe?" He puts his arm around her waist and she jumps. 

"Luc. Stop it. We are leaving." I pull her from his grasp and we begin to walk out. Nat decides to go tell Grandma Cynthia that mom doesn't feel well so we are taking her back to the house. I see Cynthia nod as Natali rushes over to walk with us.

"I'll come with you guys to make sure you are okay." She says, linking arms with me as I hold my moms hand. "I'll drive." She adds. 

We arrive at the car and I help mom into the car. She hasn't said a word since Luc put his arm around her. I climb in the back with her and put my head on her shoulder. I hear her sniffle and I look up. She has tears streaming down her cheeks. 

I open the compartment in the door that holds tissues. I hand them to her and lay my head back on her shoulder as Natali drives off into the night.

-------------------------------------

{Gaga's POV}

"Mom....Mom..." I snap out of my trance as Elle shakes my arm. "We're home." She says, taking my hand. Natali opens the door and I climb out. I feel dizzy and start to stumble but Nat and Elle grab both my arms. 

"Lets get her inside." Natali says as Elle begins to sob.

"I hate when she's like this. Why'd he have to come back." She says. I feel her pain. 

"I-im....s-s-sorry..." I mutter. Elle and Natali both look at me at the same time. 

"Mom...its okay. It isn't your fault. You didn't know he was going to show up." Elle whispers to me as we walk to the front door. Natali motions for the keys and Elle begins to dig through my purse. She hands the keys to Nat and then we enter the house. It smells like clean laundry. I smile as I realize I'm safe here. 

"He can't get in mom. He doesn't know the gate code or have a key. You're safe." Elle says.

"I'm not worried a-about me..I'm worried a-about you." I say, trying not to cry thinking of the last time we saw Luc. What he did.

"I'm fine..." Elle looks at her toes and starts to twirl her hair.

"I saw him touch your hair at Joanne Trattoria. Are you okay?" Natali asks. 

"I'm fine, okay? Nothing is wrong with me. Don't worry about me. Worry about her." Elle points toward me and then hugs her arms around herself. She starts to look around the room quickly and blink more than usual. Thats what she does to hide her tears or stop them from coming.

"I'm okay, Elle. Just talk to us." I scoot closer to her and she looks away from me. "He can't hurt you again. He won't. We will protect you, Elle." 

"Isn't that what you told me the first time he ever...." She pauses. "Nevermind." She says, blinking as a tear rolls down her cheek.

"Elle...I won't let that happen again. You know I did all I could. You know I fought him. He locked me in the closet, remember?" I begin to cry, knowing she's blaming me. "I'm sorry its all my fault." I sob.

"No...no it isn't. I know you tried to stop him...I just wish he wouldn't have done it again...."

"He didn't need to do it at ALL." Natali says, her voice firm.

"No matter how many times, sexually abusing a 13 year old girl is not okay." I say, reaching for her hand. 

"It was only a few times. I-I'm fine." Elle says, wiping her eyes.

"A few times is too many. It should've never happened. I should've made him leave after I found out." I put my head in my hands. 

"You tried mom. He wouldn't go. You tried."

"But I wish I could've succeeded." I look up into her eyes.

"I'll protect you, Angel."