12. "LUCKY"

"I WONDER IF WE'RE ON THE SAME FLIGHT AS AUSTON!" Steve exclaimed happily, being very energetic for it being six in the morning. He was walking hand in hand with his wife just as he realized what he had said. Steve coughed, "I mean the Leafs. I meant the Leafs."

Taryn shrugged distractedly, skimming through all the things in her hand, looking for her boarding pass. "Auston technically is the Leafs."

Sarah chuckled as the three headed toward their gate, just coming back from Starbucks. As if on cue, last call was announced and the trio headed for the plane.

After getting past the gate and making their way slowly onto the aircraft, getting stuck behind an older couple, Taryn titled her head back as she was making her way down the plane, pausing every once in awhile to look for her seat.

"The next plane leaves at ten. I'm sure they're all on that fli-"

"Taryn! Steve, Mrs. Dangle!" Taryn's head snapped to the left where Mitch Marner, Zach Hyman and Matt Martin sat.

The brunettes mouth made an 'o' shape as Steve grinned widely, leaning forward to whisper in the girl's ear. "What was that again, T?"

"I-"

"Steve! You and Mrs. Dangle are right there-" James pointed at the row across from where he, Tyler and Morgan sat behind Mitch, Zach and Matt.

Steve's eyes followed James hand as it pointed at the two empty seats beside Auston. His eyes immediately lit up as he threw his carry on bag overhead then plopped down in the seat next to Auston. Almost instantly, the two started a conversation.

Taryn smiled at the three before gazing back at Morgan, "that was nice of you guys to put him there. Thanks," she smiled.

Morgan smirked evilly as he replied, "anytime."

Taryn continued down the isle, coming to a stop at row 17. She gazed down at her boarding pass before glancing back up at the section. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she stared at the three occupied seats. "Uh..."

Jake's head swivelled at the sound, looking up at the British girl who was left standing confused. "Hi Taryn! Nice to finally meet you!" Jakes loud greeting made William and Connor Brown look over at her too.

"Yeah, hi hello, nice to meet you, now get outta my seat."

Jake chuckled, grinning hugely as he did so. "Oh Taryn, Taryn, Taryn. We mixed up all the seats so Steve and Auston could sit together. So that means..." His gaze roamed the plane, searching for the right seat. At this point, Taryn knew what was going on, so she squeezed her eyes shut as if that would soften the blow.

"You sit right... there." He pointed at the row across from him, and as Taryn spun around to look at the empty seat right in between Nazem and Freddie, she internally grimaced, yet forced a tightlipped smile with clenched teeth.

"Well fuck. Aren't I just the luckiest?"

kadri43: we out here going to cabo babyyytagged: @taryn location: toronto

tagged: @taryn
location: toronto

user: awww!!

user8: did naz call taryn baby or is that just me?

user12: huh i have a sudden urge to go to cabo

user199: omg could u imagine bumping into them there

nikitazaitsev22: ^^ i would die ngl

user190: ^ aw NIKITAS UPSET HE DIDNT GO

ronhainsey: not the only one

user14: WHAT IS THIS TEAM DOING TO ME

auston_matthews: what the hell taryn made it on ur ig before me tskk tskk

user19: can someone please put on my gravestone this insta so they can know cause of death

marner_93: @taryn how was it being stuck between your two fav boys?

taryn: @marner_93 i couldnt quite tell if i was in heaven or hell