1

Yusrah's POV

I continuously tapped my foot on the floor, eager for this teacher to finish his class and luckily for me five minutes later, he ended it.

"This is the end of this class make sure to submit your assignment at the gate tomorrow by 7:30am. No excuses"

I hurriedly grab my bag flung it on my shoulders and headed straight to the door. I was halfway the staircase when I heard my name being shouted and I knew exactly who it was.

"Yes minal what's up". I turned and asked my best friend giving her the I-am-not-ready-for-anything look.

" Nothing" She shrugged approaching me "I was just wondering why you went out of the class in a hurry "

"Let's just go home" I replied dragging her down the stairs and avoiding the topic.

My mother is coming back from hajj today and while I am happy, I'm also at edge. Perhaps it's the anxious feeling I get whenever any of my family members is traveling. It was a silly thought, one I couldn't voice out. Not even to my best friend.

" Earth to Yusrah" minal said snapping her fingers and giving me a weird look

I glanced at her briefly and began walking away "Are you coming or not ? I asked over my shoulder.

"Of course I am" she replied jogging towards me and together we went out of the school.

^*^*^*^*^*^*

My name is Yusrah Yusuf Saif. I am the only daughter of  Alhaji Yusuf Saif and Hajiya Halima.

My father is a well known and well doing Man and my mother is a stay at home wife. Growing up, I never thought my life would have such roller coaster or anything out of ordinary.

I liked to believe I was your regular girl, as regular as going to school, coming home, eating, practicing my religion, sleeping and hanging out with my friends was. Yet reflecting at it now, i realize how no one was regular. Everyone has and is living a story.

And perhaps when you realize your story, you try to make everyday a chapter and every chapter an adventure.

So welcome, to mine.