Disclaimer and Apology

So, at the time of writing this, I was unaware of how important mental health was. I was ignorant and wrote a story depicting graphic imaging of self harm and suicide and I apologize. It was not right of me to do. I am now aware of how important depression and suicide awareness is and I would not intentionally try to cause anyone to hurt themselves or try to get them to relapse. Now that I have witnessed first hand what suicide and depression can do to people, I am putting up this disclaimer and apology. I am sorry that I took Dan's mental health a little too far and made him kill himself. At the time of writing it, I thought it would be an interesting twist on the story. But now I realize that it was wrong. Having been through depressive episodes and having almost killed myself I am now aware of what a colossal mistake I have made. 

I will not be taking the story down, however. But this disclaimer for possible triggers at the end felt very necessary. At the end of the story there is some graphic depiction of self harm and suicide. I did not intentionally mean to harm anyone so read the end at your own risk. I am sorry for being ignorant when writing this story. And here is also the suicide hotline number in case you need it!

                                                                             1-800-273-8255

Please seek help if you need it! Things do get better and your life will change. You matter and you are important to making the world a better place! Stay safe and stay happy! :) 

~Julia