Chapter 5

She nestles her body closer to his side as he holds his arm around her, pulling her into his embrace. The warmth of her body in his arms tames every distraught thought in his mind. He leans his head on hers when he notices her loose-fitting cardigan had slipped off her shoulder, leaving a portion of her bare skin exposed. His fingers slowly trace down her arm, feeling her soft porcelain skin beneath his tips. It was soft and tender, like feeling the pedals of a flower. She then sits up, wiggling those delicate arms free from the sleeves of the peach-colored sweater before holding it up and tossing it to the side. She turns around again, brushing her hair back as she lays close to him. She leans her hand on his chest, feeling his heart beat against her palm. Her long hair cascades down to her side. He lifts his other hand, carefully brushing his fingers through it. He grasps onto it, feeling the silky strands wrapped around his fist. It's hard for him to resist the urge of pulling her tight against him by the hair, desperate to taste and feel her soft, cherry lips against his. 

"Ey, Hobi! We're about to take shots. Get ready!" Jin's voice snaps Hoseok back to reality.

Hoseok, startled, looks around, noticing that everyones huddled in a circle with shot glasses sitting on the coffee table right in the middle. He didn't realize how spaced out he was when he was recalling the memory he had of that strange dream last night.

"Are you ok?" Su-mi's voice gently chimes in his ear. She's sitting next to him as she gazes up at him through the corner of her eye with her eyebrows slightly raised.

"Yeah!...Yeah, i'm fine." He shrugs off the memory, shuffling in his seat, giving her a quick smile as he faces forward again.

"Aaaanyways," Namjoon reaches over to the center table, "Let's do this!" He pours the first shot into a tiny porcelain cup, lifting it up in the air. He looks over at Su-mi with a smile stretched ear-to-ear forming those deep dimples. "Su-mi? You're our guest of honor. You get the first shot." He winks, extending his arm.

Su-mi's eyes widen, as she looks around the room filled with males who are all staring at her. She sits frozen like a deer in headlights. 

"You gotta take it, c'mon now." Yoongi points at her from the other side of the room, completely forgetting the fact that she told him she doesn't drink. 

"It's our way of welcoming you! Don't be scared!" Jimin cheers. He grabs her shoulder, giving it a gentle shake.

Su-mi lets out a nervous laugh under her breath as she continues to look around. "Fuck." She curls her lips in, slowly reaching out to grab the shot glass from Namjoon's hand. 

 Unexpectedly, Hoseok's arms blocks her reach.

"Wait." He calls out sharply, startling everyone.

 Everyone, including Su-mi, glance over at him, confused at the sudden interruption.

"Don't pressure her." He warns, then turns his head to her. "You don't have to take it. I know you don't drink." His tone is low and serious as he flashes another warning glare at everyone. 

The guys glance back and forth at each other, confused at Hoseok's sudden change of character. Normally, he's the one instigating everything and pressuring everyone. With Su-mi here, it was completely different. Suddenly, the room got quiet with Yoongi's music in the background being the only thing heard.

"Shit. Things got awkward really quick." Su-mi shuffles uncomfortably in her seat.

"Wow Hyung. Relax. We're just having fun." Tae mumbles quietly, peering to the side at Jungkook.