Is it love?// Dia x Kitsune! Fem! Reader [1]

Requested by @melon_crow

Hello, again fellow readers! Quick A/N:

For this one-shot I'm going to try writing in a first-person style and see how'll it do.

So, your fox form; imagine the most terrifying yet regal fox you would ever see, and for your human form, you wear a black coat with a (F/C) cherry blossom petal design and have a short stature for a Kitsune your age.

I realize just how long this oneshot is so I decided to write this in three parts.

And also:

(E/N)= Element Name, just in case cos' there's going to be more of this later in this three-part oneshot

Ok that's all, I hope you enjoy the rest of your day

___

Dia's POV

Practice had to be canceled again due to this rain that's been pouring non-stop for four days.

This wasn't the only problem.

News of the water level rising quickly was brought upon us, and being quite close to the sea, it had became a very serious matter, one that shouldn't be disclosed easily. The beach was then immediately shut off to the public until further notice, but when they made that move, there was no beach to restrict people from entering-

As it was completely submerged in murky water.

Moving on from that, currently, I'm with the first years and the two idiots- uh I mean two other third years; taking shelter from the relentless downpour in an old Buddhist temple.

Hanamaru had disappeared into the darkness along with Yoshiko, off to fetch more cups for the leaking roof, leaving Kanan, Mari, Ruby, and I in this creepy, hushed environment, accompanied by this statue of Buddharupa that send chills down our spines.

I felt someone tugging on my shirt from behind. I turned around to see Ruby gazing up at me with worry-filled eyes as she fiddled around with her fingers. "Um, Onee-chan, they should be b-back by now..."

Now that she mentioned it, where were those two? I remembered telling them to come back within an hour or so, regardless if they found anything to catch the dripping water or not. I patted my little sister's head to assure her. "Don't worry, they'll come back, I'm sure" That was a complete lie, I, myself, have no clue if they were alright, or even if they would come back. There could be something inhuman lurking in those louring shadows-

Calm yourself, Dia, any more of this worrying and I'm going to end up like Kanan, whimpering over there in the corner where there was more illuminance of light.

"We should go look for them, yes?" Mari said, adding a bit of broken English into her words. "Who knows what's in the darkness"

I immediately agreed with this decision, but the other the two were more reluctant. I wasn't surprised with Ruby's opposition, being that I lived with her for the past 15 years, but for Kanan to be like this came as a surprise. Who knew Ms. Tough Girl was afraid of the dark?