Chapter 6- How 'Bout Another Round

Part Six

Julie's POV:

"Princess come here" Shirley said to Riley as she ran away giggling and screaming.

"Your baby is something else" Shirley said getting up from the floor wiping her pants from the dust that could have gotten attached to her.

"Yea I know" I laughed as Riley came running back to get a reaction from Shirley again.

"Rawwwwwr" Shirley yelled playfully towards Riley causing her to run away screaming and giggling again.

Shirley came over to hangout for awhile but that got interrupted quickly when Riley decided she wanted to play with her.

We haven't had time to hang out. I've spent more time with Jackson since school was out than I have with Shirley.

But it's ok if Rye wants to play too, I want her to be comfortable around Shirley.

"So what we doing today" she asked with a huge smile on her face.

"I don't know, wanna -" I was cut off when I saw Rye putting something in her mouth. "Get that thing out ya mouth" I gritted through my teeth jogging to her to take out whatever she put in her mouth.

She started screaming and laughing while trying to run away from me but I grabbed her arm in time and put my finger in her mouth to find a piece of a crayon in there.

"Don't do that. That's yucky!" I yelled.

"Wow, your great with kids" Shirley said sarcastically.

"Well, I'd rather that then something happening to her for eating something she shouldn't be eating" I say seriously.

"Having a baby, really changed you, hasn't it" she said staring at Riley.

"Yea, it has. She's changed my whole life" I sighed look at her too. She's made me a better person. Compared to what I was before.

"What would we have been doing if Rye wasn't here" she chuckled.

"Man, I don't even know. It seems like so long ago. A time without her around" I said.

"I like the person you've become" she did looking at me. "It shows you can pull it together for a serious situation. The party animal's been put away" she joked.

"I mean, it was for the best right" I reasoned. "And at the rate I was going, this would have happened soon or later" I added referring to Riley.

"Better with Jackson than someone else, I guess" I sighed.

"You think that Jackson broke up with me because of that" I questioned sitting down.

"What do you mean" Shirley mumbled looking for Rye while she comes from her room with her build-a-bear.

"Hugs" She mumbled walking towards hugging her bunny.

"I mean, did he break up with me because I was too much sometimes" I quietly asked. I was all over the place when I got to high school.

"I dunno" she shrugged.

"Oh come on, you bring it up, you must know something" I gently press.

"Not that I remember" she shrugged looking at anything but me.

Shirley was pretty friendly with Jackson when he was dating me; I'm her best friend. So she must know something but I don't want to press her about it and then she going to think I'm ganging up on her. I might just have to ask Wyatt since they were friends at the time. He would be blunt about it and tell me.