Chapter 34- Scared

Part thirty-four

Julie's POV

"Vamos Juliana. Se está haciendo tarde!" My mom yelled from the front porch. She had a doctor's appointment shes nervous about and she doesn't want to me late, but getting Riley ready was a hassle. She's the first one out the door.

"Let's go momma!" Riley shouted from the porch as well.

"I'm coming!" I grab my phone and my jacket. Everything else I need is in my coat pocket.

I got to the front door and my mom and Riley are already walking to the car. My mom doesn't want to drive so she's entrusting me with her safety. Shes definitely not feeling well if that's the case. I didn't want to drive but Jackson had to help Christopher out with something and told me he was sorry and for me to be strong enough for both my mother and I because she's going to need it. I know he felt bad for not being able to especially since my mom asked him to be there.

But in all seriousness, she's been vomiting the last few weeks and not eating much. She can't possibly be pregnant since she's single and an older woman. Not in menopause stage but not far from it.

She's talking to her cousin, who's a doctor in another country, and told her to go to the doctor and see what they say. She said they might ask her to go to the hospital but not to be worried, it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. But it could.

We drive to the doctor in Queen's safely and now time to look for parking. A car came out and I went in. We unbuckled and I got out to go to the back to get Rye. I got her book bag and put it on her back and she held my hand. My mom next to me with a worried smile on her face. She was scared, and so was I. I just didn't want to seem like I was.

We got upstairs through the elevator and she signed her self in and all. I went to sit down with Riley and she was already tell me she was hungry. We didn't eat before leaving since her appointment was a 9:45am and we figured we would eat once were done.

"Here" I sighed taking out a cereal bar from her backpack and hanging it to her.

"Thank you mommy" she bounced up.

"Your welcome" I said running my hand down the back of her head.

After waiting about 15 mins they called us in. They did the usual as in, take her blood pressure, her weight, her temperature before asking what was really wrong.

When they were talking her blood pressure Riley got a little worried.

"Grandma, okay?" She mumbled.

"She's fine, baby. They're helping her" because I didn't know how to explain to a three year old about blood pressure. But she kept tugging on me and asking if grandma is okay. Once they finished with that. They asked her what was wrong.

"Okay well, we'll take some blood sample and see if anything shows. You might want to take the baby out of here because if she was worried about this she's gonna freak out when I stick a needle in grandma" she chuckled. But she wasn't wrong.

"Okay" I sighed. I didn't want to leave mom but obviously Riley was getting traumatized.

"I'll wait for you outside" I got up with Riley but she kept looking back.

"We'll wait for mom outside, Rye" Riley whined a bit but continued walking hanging her head low.

I got outside and texted Jackson. I was worried, and scared. It could be a simple stomach flu or something else. I don't want it to be something else.

Him- hey babes what's up, hows it going?
Me- I'm a mess
Him- something wrong?
Me- idk but I'm freaking out. And Riley won't stop stay still now