Chapter 6

Miguel stalked off not even knowing where he was going. He couldn't believe Mama Imelda was taking Sabrina's side. He muttered to himself as he kept walking. He felt so lonely and alone without his Sabrina. He had said unforgivable things. He, however, wouldn't admit it. Knowing it was his fault she ran off. His fault she was hurting. His fault she became so emotional. He didn't understand love. He didn't understand Sabrina either. She was feisty, sharp, quick-tongued yet just moments ago she was an emotional wreck. Never had he seen her in such a state. He couldn't decipher if it was a good or bad state. Taking a guess he supposed bad since she was blaming him.

He hadn't looked up to see where he was or what was going on. He had just walked for who knows how long not even aware how far he went. He looked around to see Mama Imelda's hacienda but to his misfortune, it wasn't anywhere in sight.

Mama Imelda sat down "ay that boy will get himself killed here! He's too stubborn for his own good to even listen." Héctor smirked playfully "I sure wonder where he gets that from." She rolled her big brown eyes "listen here burro you are just as stubborn. Who has been trying to cross the bridge for 90 something years? All while bothering me in those years." Héctor gave a sheepish smile to her. "Yeah. I remember. I tried so many different ways." He chuckled softly to himself as he shook his head. Imelda glanced at her husband "I am sorry Héctor. Never should I have tried to forget you. It hurt when you walked out the door. The letters had stopped coming. The little money you were putting forth was cut in half every time and when the letters stopped the little money you sent that had helped left us scrambling like pollos with our heads cut off." Héctor shushed her holding her in his bony arms. "I know. Let's not talk about this right now mi amor. Let's be helping our boy. Then when can have one of our infamous nights of staying up late and talking." He offered a weak smile. Imelda gave a nod in agreement. "Right. Let's go." She pulled away from him and sat upright then stood up and walked to find the rest of the familia.

Oscar and Felipe, Victoria, Coco, and Julio were left in the room when Héctor and Imelda walked in. "We are going to split up. Some of us are going to go after Miguel. While others go to find Alonzo Alvarez. I myself will go to the shop to make sure Rosita gets the girl there safe. Bueno?" Imelda commanded. Upon the command the remaining Riveras spilt. Essentially leaving Coco and Victoria and Imelda to go find the Alvarezs while Julio, the twins and Héctor to go find Miguel. It was a given that Héctor would go find Miguel. With or without anyone. He knew his grandson more than anymore. He was a mini him.

They all repeated the plan to each other as they walked out the house. Victoria and Coco went to look for the Alvarez family while Héctor, the twins and Julio went te opposite direction towards the plaza leaving Imelda to go to the shop hoping Rosita could coax the young lady into going to the shop until they found her family. Imelda followed Héctor and his group. She walked up beside Héctor taking in a sharp breath. "Mi amor it will be okay." Imelda agreed near reluctantly. "I hope so." As she neared the shop she glanced up at Héctor "please be careful. Yes De la Cruz is dead but the paparazzi is still strong. Just died down some." This much was for sure true. When news was broadcasted in front of the whole Land of the Dead of what happened crowds upon crowds rushed towards them paparazzi chased after Héctor for the stories of what truly happened.

She hated it. Glad they knew the truth but hated the crowds. However they have calmed down some knowing Imelda Rivera was not letting anyone near her husband. The few press conferences that were sprung on them in the beginning were short and always ended with how much they loved the simple life and a few threats if they kept up. She knew Héctor was thankful for it too. Héctor was no big shot material. He didn't want the recognition for people just the music.

Veering from the men's group she went to the shop kissing Héctor's head as he left to find their boy. The doors were shut as it was a holiday. They only ever closed on Día de los Muertos. Going over opening the door she saw Miguel's girlfriend and Rosita. Rosita showing her the trade the Rivera was most named for.

"Wow my familia is known for jewelry." Watching Rosita sew a few pieces of leather together forming a basic shoe structure. "But you make the jewelry yes?" Sabrina nodded "mmhmm we do. Its fun to see what gems and stones we have sent to us." Rosita knew Imelda was there "hola Mama Imelda."

Mama Imelda crossed over greeting them quietly. She leaned back watching Sabrina quietly. Her gaze becoming sharp inspecting her. Trying to grasp how Miguel wound up getting her pregnant. "How old are you?" Imelda's voice cut into the slightly tensed air. "I am 17 ma'am." She responded quietly. Now was when Imelda would really get to know this girl. Oh how she was going to question this girl. She needed to get to know this girl. She was the mother of her great great great grandson.