Chapter 8

Sabrina was now in the Rivera house. Looking around a bit. Victoria and Coco had come back saying that her family had been in contact but was far out and wouldn't make it till tomorrow. As far as the plans of the competition went everyone decided to go along with it. Since it was only in an hour. Of course the matriarch still demanded someone to at least take a walk every 20 minutes. Héctor sat down beside Sabrina who was in the living room. "So are you sure Miguel will be here?" Sabrina shrugged "it's only natural. He goes to competitions or his amigos' houses to play. He always feel better afterwards." Héctor nodded "is there anyway I can get out of this dress? I need some comfortable clothes before going on stage." "Oh yes we can take you by the market when we go down. Imelda can probably show you where to get clothes."

Imelda walked in at hearing her name "I can do what?" She asked. Sabrina asked "I need different clothes. I have been in these all night and I want some comfortable clothes. If you wouldn't mind could you show me the market so I can find some clothes?" Imelda thought about it "Sí. But we should start going. Women take a while to shop. Especially your generation I heard." Sabrina raised an eyebrow but remained silent. For Imelda it was weird how everyone was just accepting her especially Héctor after all it was his rival's great great granddaughter. Héctor was always good with children. Even for the little time he was there for Coco. He was a wonderful father.

Imelda yelled "Let's go!" Everyone instantly ran down and were ready. Imelda led them to the market. The market was busy and bustling with so many people around. Imelda looked around "alright mija go pick out something. Quickly." Sabrina nodded and walked over to a clothing store looking around. She glanced at a stunning blouse. It was more of a long sleeve crop top. That had a deep plunging v-neck. She smiled and looked over at a skeleton girl that seemed to look her age slight. White boned. Sort of curvy. She had short hair that was in an updo "hey, what do you think of this?" Sabrina lifted the shirt. Imelda looked up at Sabrina. All of them watching her. The skeleton girl looked at her "you talking to me?" Sabrina replied "I am looking at you yes?" The bony girl nodded "yeah you are. Sorry not many people talk to me." Sabrina pouted playfully "that sucks. Must be lonely here?" She sighed "whatever I can do to keep the money flowing for my girl." Sabrina smiled "awe. Well you seem to know fashion looking at that skeleton model." The girl laughed at the mismatched fashioned skeleton mannequin. "I didn't do that! Thats like...wrong."

It was a bright yellow shirt that had just wild colors and underwear like bottoms. Then dorky socks and a shoes. "Oh really I love it!" Sabrina laughed. "Oh how dare I question your taste." Sabrina laughed gently. "So I need a look that says fierce and cute." The girl nodded "by the way my name is Angelique." Sabrina looked at the girl and saw she was dressed in a burgundy skirt and white top. "Sabrina. So do you think this, and these leather pants and this flannel jacket would look good together with some black boots?" "Fantastic. But maybe leather tights rather than pants. And you will want your hair up." Sabrina nodded "thanks doll." Angelique smiled back "is there a dressing room?" Angelique showed her the way to a dressing room.

Victoria spoke "honestly why are we getting her clothes? She could have worn the ones she came in." Imelda responded quickly "mija if she gets our boy back safe I don't care what she does. We just need them home. We can't change anything. Miguel has to marry her due to his idiotic...friend." Victoria huffed "she will never fit into this family." Rosita spoke meekly "Victoria you don't know that. She is a sweet girl just...she looks like she's had a troubled past. She is strong but there's something Miguelito sees in her. We need to be supportive of his happiness." Victoria scoffed "he doesn't want to be a father. I am not trying to be rude I am speaking my opinions."

Sabrina walked out Angelique looked up then saw Sabrina "ohh! That's so pretty on you!" Then her eyes landed on her small baby bump. Angelique gasped "are you pregnant?!" Sabrina sighed "yeah..." The Rivera family looked over all their mouths opened. Some in distaste some in awe (the men mostly). Imelda jabbed Héctor in the ribs "stop starring." She hissed at him "all of you." She added. Sabrina looked over at them then gave a teasing wink. If the men had flesh and blood till their faces would be as red as a cherry.

Angelique asked "how far along?" "3 months marks November 5th." Angelique smiled widely "enjoy it for me will you?" "Oh...uh sure. But didn't you have a child?" "I...I had to adopt I kept losing...having miscarriages." Sabrina looked super sad. "Oh...I am so sorry." She bit her lip. "Its okay. Anyways where is your husband? Is that him?" Angelique pointed Héctor. "NO!!! He is my boyfriend's great great grandfather!" Angelique giggled nervously "sorry..." "No. he is not." Imelda walked over "okay okay how much is this?" She asked hastily. "Oh Sabrina it's on the house." Sabrina looked at her "really? Are you sure?" "Yeah. Oh and by the way you can barely tell you are pregnant by the way. I happened to notice the signs." Sabrina smirked "thanks. Well thank you doll. I will enjoy this experience for you. Hopefully we meet again." Angelique smiled sadly "yeah maybe. Well have fun." Sabrina nodded "thank you." Imelda sat there stunned she had never been told its 'on the house.' She's said it before but very few have said it to her.

After shopping they were on their way to the concert. All of the family splitting to look for him. Sabrina kept close to Héctor so he could sign her up for the contest. Sabrina could feel her heart racing. Beating rapidly against her chest. She was nervous about everyone looking at her and judging her. But she knew it was for Miguel. The child's father.