Chapter 7

Miguel had stalked off into the plaza getting many judged looks and of course happy ones. But boy when he got to the center the paparazzi swarmed around him like angry bees after him. Asking question after question. He would hear fractures of questions "are you the boy that-.." "hey hey you the living boy are your-..." "is it true Hector Rivera-.." "Is Imelda Rivera-.." The boy was astounded by the skeletons asking such private questions. He heard the paparazzi yell "it's Héctor Rivera!!" The crowd chased over to Héctor doing the same thing they had done to him. He looked around quickly to go hide finding an alleyway. His tíos watched out for Miguel but couldn't see with all the skeletons in their way. Miguel ran off as fast as he could seeing a small alleyway to run into and no one would see him. As he ran in he hid behind a set of garbage cans. He stayed behind it as he heard Héctor, Papa Julio and the twins run by chasing the paparazzi. When they rushed past he creeped out and ran the other way. He knew they were instructed by Mama Imelda to find him so they could confront the problems. He was mad that no one had his back. They were taking Sabrina's side.

Sabrina noticed Imelda and spoke "señora if you wish to say something please say it." Everyone was floored how Sabrina was confident in saying such. "Well perhaps you should hold your tongue more often. You speak your mind too much." Sabrina shrugged "its who I am Señora. Your grandson doesn't mind it." Imelda clicked her tongue "perhaps not but in my day I would have slapped you with my boot so quick." Sabrina looked over quickly. Shocked but shrugged.

Hours passed until the boys got back without Miguel. Héctor walked into the house. Imelda looked over at them "well?" She snapped. Bony phalanges on her iliac crests. "W-we couldn't find him hermana." Óscar spoke quietly. "WHAT?! You couldn't find him again!" Héctor shook his head. "No. We thought perhaps he would have returned by now." Imelda huffed in frustration "idiotas!! Get back out there and find that boy!"

Sabrina spoke "what is going to happen if you don't find him?" "Well he could along with you. Become citizens of the Land of the Dead." Sabrina shrugged. "That doesn't phase you muchacha?" Héctor asked. "It does but just not too much. Now have you checked a plaza that has music? Or is there anything going on with music tonight?" She asked not looking up. "Yes theres a plaza where people play. Karaoke contests and such or even just a music competition. But tonight there's a competition of different cultural music. American. Our culture. Greek. The new generation type of music. Its not all samba and salsa anymore. They have changed over the years. Of course most still stick to our roots but we have different cultured songs our kind has heard before or even created and didn't share."

Imelda huffed "what does that have to do with anything?" Sabrina looked over "think about it. Miguel loves sharing his passion. He has done it over and over. I am sure he will be there. Maybe not now. But he will be. He's got to hear of it. He releases emotions by music. But we could show up and get him." Sabrina shrugged. "That will never work. He ran away from us 5 years ago at a music competition." "Ahh but you didn't challenge his musical abilities, did you?" Imelda shook her head "no." She responded dryly. "Believe me we will get him tonight." "So why are you helping us?" Imelda asked "because I don't want him stuck here when I an having his child." Imelda nodded understanding. "Alright. Héctor when is the competition?" "Tonight at 8. It's Día de los Muertos still." Imelda replied "alright we will go there tonight." Sabrina spoke "okay. I guess I have to come along."

Héctor spoke "of course you do. You are his novia after all." He smirked playfully. Sabrina rolled his eyes "he will be lucky if I stay around after tonight." She muttered under her breath but no one noticed.