Stay Out Of the Jungle

Ok so sorry I'm late. I kind of forgot that today was Sunday so yeah I was forced into church. And I'm just getting back. Oh and last night my boyfriend kind of upset me and I wrote a short story that was completetly irrelevant. But yeah I might be posting it soon just not now because my sister wants me to stop typing so she can get on facebook. So yeah on to the story . . . .

Stay Out of the Jungle

I ran as fast as my feet could take me. Straight along the wall, it had to eventually lead me back to the beach and Mace. Tripping and stumbling and trying to keep my footing was almost impossible. The footsteps behind me refused to stop they got louder but never lost pace.

After what seemed like forever, I reached the beach, where the sun shone heavily on the shore. The footsteps stopped but I still ran wanting to reach Mace as soon as possible. I finally got back to the plane and he was nowhere to be found. I sat in the plane hoping he didn't go looking for me in the jungle and find trouble.

He didn't return until a storm started. "Mace, where'd you go," I immediately jumped on him once he opened the door.

"Me! Where'd you go?! One minute you watching me fish and the next minute you're gone. Then you don't come back for hours," he said looking like a seriously concerned parent.

I couldn't bare to tell him that there was something else out there, when he looked like this. And plus I probably just imagined it. That wall could be for anything. I ran up and hugged him then helped him out of his wet coat and went to find him something dry to wear.

That night we silently laid close in the back of the plane, where the windows weren't shattered, listening to the storm. My head on his heart and his arm around my shoulders, it was peaceful aside from the constant rattling coming from the harsh winds. BANG. BANG. BANG. I looked up at him in question. Was that the storm? It sounded the same as the rest of the racket but for some reason it kept going in a steady beat as if it knew someone was here.

"I'll be back," Mace said carefully easing himself from up under me. While walking to the door he got a little wet from the few broken windows. Turning the latch on the airplane's door counter-clockwise, in came a boy-the boy. He stood at 5'11 with clear blue eyes, dirty blonde hair, and a golden tan. He was dressed in all black and completely soaked from being out in the storm.

While Mace struggled to close the door I sat in the back, where Mace had left me, silently observing our blue eyed stranger. "Desi," Mace called, "Can you get him a towel or something?"

I got up and started rummaging through his suitcase wondering if there was another towel on the plane. I found it; it was white with a gold crest saying that it came from the hotel we stayed at. I slowly handed it to the stranger seated all the way in the front of the small plane.

After five minutes of awkward silence, he spoke, "I'm Lucien. And what are you guys doing here," He as if it was so obvious that we didn't belong.

"We're stranded or at least we thought we were. Are there more people on this island," Mace asked almost excitedly.

"No, just me," Lucien said after gazing out of the window as if to check.

"Well that's unfortunate. I'm Mace and this here," He said looking me up and down, "is Odessa." Lucien turned to face me. It was as if he hadn't noticed me sitting to the left of Mace. His face changed, if only for a second. It wasn't guarded as if he had found what he was looking for. I shivered hoping that that was just a figment of my imagination.

Turning back to Mace, he said, "You cannot stay here it's not safe."

And after that he stood from his seat, looked longingly at the door then made a pillow out of the wet towel, and retired on the middle of the aisle. Mace and I chose to leave him alone and stepped carefully around him, then went to the back of the plane to sleep for the night.

As I lay my head down on Mace's chest and listened to his steady heartbeat, I began to drift, even though, the blue eyed stranger's arrival had unsettled me.

That night I dreamt of the soothing waves washing across the shore as a cool breeze caressed my face. I turned to my left, and there on the dock, in only black pants, with his back facing me and his feet dangling off the dock, was Lucien.

In an attempt to scare him I silently crept passed the houses that now were on the island with us and onto the dock.

"Odessa," He called sensing my presence.

"How'd you know it was me," I giggled while plopping down beside him.

"Only you could- no would come at me with anything other than but hatred," His eyes showed the emotions that he held out of his voice. Instead of

answering, I placed his arm around me and snuggled closer into his chest. His eyes looked down at me in question, and then he returned to his stargazing.

"Dess, do you see that up there," he said pointing to the stars. I nodded in return.

"It's Andromeda's constellation. In the city of Ethiopia, there was a king and a queen and one day Cassiopeia, the queen, was overheard bragging about how her daughter, Andromeda, was more beautiful than Nereids, the nymph daughter of the sea god Nereus. In Nereus's rage, he begged Neptune to send a sea monster to destroy the coast of Ethiopia, Andromeda, and the queen. Upon hearing the news the king set out to find an Oracle, whom told him the only way to save his kingdom and wife was to sacrifice his daughter. Together the king and queen chained her to a rock by the sea to await her unenviable death. But then Perseus, whom had just finished killing off Medusa, wandered onto the scene. And with the head of Medusa he turned Cetus, the sea monster, to stone." Looking down from the stars and into my eyes he whispered, "I'll always save you," into the wind. He then leaned in closer to me as if to kiss me. But before he could there was an ear piercing shriek.

In the time it took me to turn around he was at the source of the invading sound. There was a red faced little girl, no older than six, who at the moment Lucien had one hand completely wrapped around her neck. She was lifted about three feet off the floor. Lucien turned to me and shouted into the night, "Join me, Odessa. Join me!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry its so short but yeah had no idea what else I could put in without killing the story. Oh and I love Mythology!! Yay dead peoples beliefs!!!!!! Yeah and I know that Lucien is a little corny but I was so sleepy. Vote, Comment, Fan Me, Like, and Tweet. Love you guys keep reading.