0.7 | 느 낌

F E E L I N G

»»-------------¤-------------««

For the span of a few heartbeats, that was all the two of us did - holding onto each other tight, our bodies so close I didn't know where yours ended and mine started.

And it was as if you'd washed my ache away, your presence soothing my loneliness like a wave gently rolling over words written on a shore.

Afterwards, you led me inside your house, where your parents fussed over me - and I had to make up an excuse then. "Ah, I lost my house keys," I'd sheepishly grinned.

As the two of us headed up to your room, your mom cheekily made a joke, one that would kickstart the weird electricity between us that night.

"Leave the door open so we know you're not doing anything weird!"

Immediately, we both froze in place. The tension in the air now formed a charged mist - yet none of us dared acknowledge it, instead awkwardly laughing it off and heading up to your bedroom without another word.

It was as familiar a landscape as my own. A single bed draped with navy blue bedsheets, a bookshelf bursting with astronomy encyclopedias, and your glow-in-the-dark stars that we had pasted on a couple of years ago freckled your ceiling.

"Byul, do you wanna talk about it?" Your honey-like voice broke the silence.

I shook my head. All I wanted was to forget.

"I'm okay now, Chim."

Because all I needed was to go home to you, I wanted to add.

You gingerly nodded at my words, your teeth sinking into your plump lips. A habit of yours - you're still worried about me.

So I smiled and instead quipped, "are you actually going to be a gentleman for once and lend me some clothes, or what?"

The laugh that bubbled up your throat was music to my ears.

You offered me an oversized T-shirt and - here I suddenly felt quite hot - a pair of boxers.

"Sorry, all my other pants won't fit you." You fidgeted as you handed it to me, your teeth nipping again at your lip.

You were nervous again - but now for a different reason.

And as I changed in your bathroom, I could feel it - a giddy sense of anticipation that trailed my stomach like the sparks of a slow-burning fire.

Something about wearing your clothes, of this intimacy - it thrilled me to my core.

And when I stepped out and called out your name, thanking you for the clothes, you turned around to face me.

And you froze, as if you'd forgotten how to breathe.

Your eyes mapped a nerve-wreckingly slow, scorching trail on my body; your lips promptly parting to audibly let out a tiny exhale; your eyes filling with a fire that matched the one in my stomach.

"You...uh." Here your throat bobbed up, and then down. "You look good."

And it was then that I'd understood what people meant when they say that humans are forces of nature; because you were electricity in my veins.

»»-------------¤-------------««

A/N: please tell me what you think - I greatly appreciate honest feedback :)