Chapter 24

Ari pov

"Thank you."

I was sitting next to Jeff but somehow It went from just me sitting to laying to resting my head in his lap.
Normally this situation would embarrass the crap out of me but I was just glad he was here at the moment. I know what I told Erick but I didn't really want to be alone right now.
"What are you thinking." I said looking up at him. It's almost funny you think I would be the one getting  asked this question right now considering what just happened then my dad being killed. But I didn't care about the latter in fact I was glad I never would see him again.
"He dared to try and force that on you and then hurt you." He said touching my neck.
His other hand was balled into a fist.
It was kind of weird seeing him act like this I thought I was just 'his property' after all.
"Im ok now thanks to you. Why did you just decide to come back now though."
"I was going to yell at you demand answers to why I felt like this."
"Like what."
He hesitated and looked like he wanted to punch something. I reached up and touched his face trying to encourage him to talk.
"It started out with me just being curious about you and why you didn't seem friengthened by us. By me. I slowly began to wonder what you were doing more often as time went on and annoyed when I saw you with other guys."
I listened fascinated by what he was saying.
"It even got to the point where I was actually worried about you when you seemed ill. I don't know what it is and it pissed me off. I thought about killing you and hoping this feeling might stop but as soon as I thought that. It made me feel sick. I had to kill some people to make sure I could still do it. So what is it why are you different."

I was shocked when I heard him saying all this. Was he saying he had feelings for me. Thats kind of what it sounded like. But that couldn't be right could it?

"I tried telling Ben about this once before but he just teased me and brushed it off."

"It sounds like your trying to say you like me."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Jeff pov

Could that really be it? Could I just somehow have developed feelings for her down the line. I don't know. It confused me and aggravated me. But I know one thing how I felt when I killed her father. It was different then how I normally felt when I was killing a person. I wasn't doing it because I felt like it or was bored. I did it because I wasn't going to watch him hurt her or try and take what was mine. I didn't even think about it I just acted.

I felt the hand start to slip off of my cheek. I looked down at her it seemed she was having a hard time staying awake. Before must of tired her out. Within a few minutes she was out. I stroked her hair with my hand. Do I like her?
Shit I might not be able to deny it anymore.

-----------------------------------------------------------
This one's shorter sorry