Chapter 3: Testing Boundaries

The next day was in eventful. No canceled meetings for Mr.Travis, thank god. I'm still not ready to talk to him. "Knock knock." Hmm i wonder who that could be. "Come in," I say. "Hey darlin', what are your lunch plans for today?" says Janet. I replied, " Nothing special today. Just organizing next week's meetings." She begins to clap almost as if she's cheering for game winning touchdown. " Come on girl. Let's go out for lunch and you can tell me all about Dylan," said Janet. I looked at her a little dumbfounded. Like how did she know I knew Dylan. As if she was able to read my brain she says ," Don't worry girl it's not like your a thing. I just saw him waiting for you last night and we got to talkin'." I sigh with relief. Aleast that's he only thing she knows about me. 

             If she had known what went on yesterday. Then she would not be asking me about Dylan. Like that I could feel my cheeks flush. She started tilt her head and stare at me. There was a question I know she wanted to ask. But I was not willing to answer. So i put on the biggest smile i could manage and said,"You ready to eat?" She smiled sweetly and replied, " I never say no to food darlin'. You'll come to learn that quickly." I grabbed my bag and we walked to the elevator. 

       As the doors opened its like I stopped breathing. It was him and he wasn't alone. He was with a beautiful tall bleach blond bombshell. With all the confidence in the world. Then there's me. Little ole Ava from sunny California with the confidence of a wet whistle. Ugh f my life I thought to myself. They got off as Janet and I walked into the elevator. I heard Janet mutter under breath "gold digger." I looked down and started to giggle. As the elevator door closed we both started laughing like a bunch of school girls. 

            It's obvious she knew I heard what she said. I was all to soon to cry over him moving on. So i did what I do best and I brushed it off. As we exited the elevator and into the main lobby Sabrina waved us over. Apparently she was in the plans too, so we waited for her to grab her bag so we could head out. As I started to check my phone I noticed the elevator doors open and I so happend to look. Out walks the beautiful blond with the ugliest scowl on her face. 

          I turned to Janet and notice she saw what I was seeing. "I guess you aren't worth it honey. Maybe next time," she yelled to the girl. As the girl walks even faster now to get out the lobby. Eventually Sabrina was done and we made it to lunch.  I was expecting some big fancy place that we would go to. Instead we need up at some family owned dive that only the locals knew about. Let me tell you it was some of the best food I have ever eaten.

          I guess the girls go there atleast once a week and I planned on doing the same. We talked about anything and everything. Relationships, interests, dreams. You name it we discussed it. Of course they asked about Dylan. I told them how he saved me from living in a hotel for the next few weeks or months till I got a place. How hes been nothing but a gentleman and being chivalrous by open the door for me and driving me home. They both were wide eyed and kept gushing. I guess i was the first woman he showed any interest in since he started there. 

         I told them how I invited him for dinner at my house as a way to say thank you for all he's done. Of course woman being well woman sex was brought up. I mean i don't blame them. That man is something. I know he has some sort of sleeve tattoo. I saw a hint of it. But boy would I like to uncover him and see the whole package deal. Oh god I'm blushing again. " You all right honey? Your face went all red again," says Janet. I nod and reply," Yes just thinking of Dylan. I'm pretty sure he has a tattoo but he never mentioned it." "Don't worry about it sugar. I'm sure if you ask him, he would let you see it.," says Janet as she winks and nudges me in the arm. I couldnt even entertain that idea. So instead I just sat there rolled my eyes. While I finished the rest of my meal. 

       As we headed back to the office I feel my phone vibrate. It's probably just Dylan, I thought to myself. "Unknown? Hmm I wonder who that is," I think to myself as we walk back to Janets car. I decided to open it for shits and giggles. What harm could come from it right. I see " Little one...." my heart is in my throat just from reading that. I can hear his husky voice whispering it in my ear. I gotta finish reading it. " Little one, I'm not sure why you left last night with out a word. I saw you with him again. I know your not mine to have. But with what we shared I can't deny the connection we have. I don't want this to be over before it begins. But if that's what you want, I will respect that. But if not then know I won't go down with out a fight. After tasting you I can't go back...J.T" "Well damn..," I whisper. " What was that?," says Sabrina. I gotta make something up. "It nothing just trying to come up with ideas for dinner. Not sure what he likes," I say to them. Unsure if I even believe myself.