MICHELLE

A year before SM:H

      It was a Monday morning and I prepared for the first day of school. I looked at myself in the mirror, one last look before leaving. I noticed that something was missing from my usual outfit. Peter's bracelet, I thought. I swiftly grabbed it from my bedside drawer and put it on. Much better. I suddenly had flashbacks of our sleepovers together. I remembered when he and I watched all three High School Musical movies in one day and he pretended to be Troy Bolton and I pretended to be Gabriella Montez. The day after that, he came over to my house again and we built a blanket fort. This was one of my favorite memories ever, which occurred 4 years ago, but it felt like it's only been yesterday.

  "Wanna try the Troy and Gabriella kiss with me?" Peter asked, raising the blanket so he could see me better. His face was inches away from mine. I was blushing. But of course, I nodded.

His lips were merely an inch away from mine. I could feel his anxious breath on my face. We never had a first kiss before. I felt giddy but nervous all the same. And finally, for what felt like forever, our lips touched for maybe a second or so. And this was it, my first kiss from my first crush. I felt like I was on top of the world. It was the best feeling ever.

  "Michelle! Are you ready, honey?" asked Dad who was waiting downstairs. He suddenly made me snap out of my flashback.

  "Coming!" I shouted in reply. I grabbed my school bag and a book that my dad gave to me last week entitled Of Human Bondage which I haven't finished yet.

I ran downstairs where I saw my dad fiddling his car keys.

  "Hey, sweetie. Ready to go?" He asked. I nodded.

  "Great, come on!" We left the house and he locked the door behind him. We hopped in the car and I put my earphones on as Dad started to drive away from the driveway. I opened my book and pretended to read. I thought of the flashback I had earlier. A memory I don't even think Peter remembers. A few months after that kiss, I noticed that he and I started growing apart. I don't know why he started to stop hanging out with me, but he has his reasons I guess.

      After a few minutes, we finally arrived at school and Dad dropped me off.

  "Love you, Michelle!"

  "Love you too, Dad!" I waved as he drove away, going to work.

When I arrived at my locker, I saw Peter, along with Ned Leeds.

  "Sup losers?" I said with my eyes still kept on my book, avoiding their glances.

  "Woah, who's that?" asked Ned to Peter as he pointed at a girl walking in. Everybody looked over to the new girl, while Peter gave her love eyes. This sudden feeling came over me, I didn't know why. The girl was with one of the old students here that I became good friends with, Betty.

  "Hey Michelle. This is my friend Liz Allen. She's new here so I'm showing her around. Wanna come?" asked Betty.

  "Sure." I looked at Peter over my shoulder before turning around. And that's when I realized, he fell in love with Liz Allen, the new girl in town.