MICHELLE

***OKAY THIS REALLY IS A SPOILER SECTION SO I'MMA POLITELY ASK THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE TO PLEASE AVOID READING THIS CHAPTER. THIS IS PRETTY RELEVANT TO THE ENDING OF INFINITY WAR. SO PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE THIS IS EXTREMELY SPOILERY. Thank you for supporting the book***

  •  

  •  

  •  

  •  

  •  

  •  

  • 

  • 

  • 

  • 

  •    

      It's been 3 months and still no sign of Peter. Aunt May called the cops the day after he left the bus and a search was held and it's still ongoing. There is also a search being held for other missing Avengers but still, no luck.

Every time I wake up, I don't have the energy to get out of bed and do my daily routine anymore. I have no motivation at all. Even the school seems dead without Peter's presence. Ned is super quiet, Harry is too. I always have sleepless nights just thinking about where he is, how he's doing, or is he even still alive anymore?

I can't picture him dead. I just can't. He can't be. He's only a kid, like me. A kid that has much to live for. A kid that deserves so much better. I'd give anything and everything in my power just to see that boy alive and well again. I wasn't even able to tell him how much I truly loved him. I go back to the days before he became Spiderman. Before his dream came true. Before the madness happened. Before that big wheel-shaped spaceship came about. Back to when he was still a normal kid. Back to when he and I were still young. Back to when it was just us against the world.

But things aren't what they used to be. Things have changed. But I believe everything happens for a reason. And his disappearance happened for a reason. I just wish everything will be okay.

I just wish.

**The next day***

      I went to Aunt May's house to check up on her again. I can't imagine what she must be going through all this time. No Uncle Ben, no Peter, no one. The house is completely empty. Her plants outside have withered because she won't even leave the house. I hear her loud cries every night before I go to bed. Her excruciatingly painful screams of loss is audible from a mile away. My heart breaks every time I hear her. It's my responsibility now to take care of her, just like she did to me whenever my dad was away for a while.

Today, I brought her some breakfast. Summer vacation had already started about a week ago which meant I had more time to look after her. I knocked on her door and I heard her say "Come in," while sniffling. I slowly opened the door and greeted her with a smile.

  "Good morning, Aunt May. I brought some breakfast." I closed the door behind me as she stood from the couch.

  "You can just put it in the kitchen, MJ." She said, wiping her tears with tissue. She swiftly picked up the used tissue around her and threw them all away in the trash can while I placed the food on the dining table.

  "Thank you, sweetie. You know, you really don't have to do this." She said as she gently placed her hand on mine.

  "It's my pleasure, Aunt May. Just remember that you're not alone. I'm here, always." She went in for a hug. I could feel a tear rolling down my cheek.

  "You're like the daughter I never had." She said and at this point, I was sobbing.

  "And you're like the mom I never had." We stood there for what felt like forever and I never ever ever ever wanted to pull away.