PETER

"Michelle..... Harry...... What the f--" Harry cut me off.

  "It's not what you think!" said Harry.

  "Oh, I've seen plenty enough." I angrily stuttered.

  "Leave." I said. It came out like a whisper. I tried to calm myself.

  "Peter let me expl--" MJ started.

  "LEAVE! JUST GO!" I shouted. Aunt May suddenly burst out of the laundry room upstairs.

  "Peter!" She said, "What is happening?!"

  "Nothing, Aunt May. We were just about to leave." said MJ.

  "Okay. Bye you two. -- Peter, we'll discuss this later." The two left without saying a word to me or each other. I turned the movie off.

  "Peter, honey, what happened?" Aunt May asked. I didn't even realize that I was in the verge of tears.

  "I was only gone for a while and... they... they kissed. My two best friends.."

  "Well, you should be happy for them, Pete!"

  "But..."

  "You're jealous, aren't you?" I shyly nodded.

  "Oh, Peter." She pulled me into a hug. "You know, this happened to me once. My first boyfriend, or so I thought he was, kissed another girl."

  "Did you and your ex ever... kissed?"

  "No, not really. But I thought we were dating though. It felt like it."

  "Then what did you do?"

  "Your Uncle Ben was my ex's best friend so he was the one who stood by me and helped me move on. So we became close friends, then we started dating. Then we got married and grew old together."

  "I just can't believe MJ or Harry would do that."

  "Oh, Peter. I know it's hard.. but you just have to move on. If you feel like she still has feelings for you, fight for her. Win her back. If you feel like she has completely let go, then you gotta let go as well. You can't keep holding on the other end of a rope with the other end ignored. You gotta find a way to make that rope equally raised. And don't say that you can hold both ends by yourself, 'cause you can't. Nobody can. And my mother had to learn that the hard way. You can't live and grow alone. There's always gonna be someone to help you whenever you need it. Don't weep, Peter. There's still hope."

  "You think MJ still likes me?"

  "All I'm saying is that you should never give up, no matter what happens." She patted my shoulder and walked away, going back upstairs to continue doing the laundry.

I shouldn't text MJ and ask if she's okay, she might hate me if I confront her through text. I shouldn't call her either, I should just go there, confront her myself.

*** Michelle's house ***

      I put on my suit as a disguise. Now, only MJ would be able to tell if it was me. I peeked through the window overlooking the living room. MJ was crying in Harry's arms. It finally sunk in: I hurt her so bad that she might not even forgive me anymore, let alone talk to me. We weren't even official, yet I had the courage to yell at the both of them for kissing each other. Nobody cheated on anybody, but why did I become so possessive of MJ? She's free to love whoever she wants.

I couldn't hear or make out what they were saying. Later, Harry kissed MJ's forehead and stood up. He was about to leave. I swiftly climbed the wall and waited for him to leave. He walked to his car and climbed on the back seat. His driver drove away. I peeked through MJ's bedroom window. She was already upstairs, reading a book. Her eyes still puffy but she stopped crying. I knocked on the glass window then removed my mask.

  "I really want to talk to you." I said.

  "Not today, Parker." She took some of her posters from her wall and covered all of her windows, including the one I was looking through. On a small gap she left on the window, I was able to peek through it. She wore headphones on her ears and continued reading. Then, I noticed she started touching her bracelet. That looks familiar, I thought. It finally clicked: it was the bracelet I gave her when we were 8. She read my name on the bracelet over and over again and she started crying. She removed her headphones and put the book on the bedside table. She curled up into a ball and silently cried. What I would give just to be beside her and hug her and tell her that I'm here and I'll always be her friend, no matter what happens.