To The Moon And Back

Jack's POV

I was lying on the grass. That boy came and visited me. "Hi Jack." He spoke. "Hi." I said. We laid on there and shared inappropriate jokes. I heard a rustle in the bushes behind us. I walked over with the boy following me. I was about to touch it when a hand pulled me with it. I screamed in agony. The boy grabbed my wrist and tried to pull me back. He failed. I was led into darkness.

I shot up from my sleep. Why does this boy keep appearing everywhere? Who is he?

I took a minute to think. I looked down at my wrist. I've had this black mark that looked like a moon.

What the hell? I threw the covers to off me and ran around the room I was in. It was like an apartment since I couldn't live with my family anymore.

This school had dorms and I had no one living with me. My feet slid across the floor. I almost fell but I caught myself.

I put on a black hoodie and black skinner jeans and ran to Mark's castle. The guards let me through since Mark introduced me to them.

I know this mark. Mark has this exact mark but instead of a moon it's a sun.

I don't know why it's on me but I will find out. I ran up the spiral staircase and went to Mark's room.

I knocked furiously. He came and opened the door. He looked at me worriedly. "What's wrong baby?" He asked.

I couldn't speak. I got frustrated with myself and eventually just showed him my wrist.

He examined it closely. He tried to rub it off but to no avail. He looked up at me with disbelief in his eyes.

"What does this mean?" I asked. He didn't answer me and dragged me downstairs. "Mom!" He called out.

I woman wearing a long white dress walked up to us.

"Yes Mark?" She said with a soft voice

"Yes Mark?" She said with a soft voice. Mark showed her my wrist. She gasped. I looked at her confused.

"What's wrong Mom?" He asked and placed a hand on her shoulder. She looked at her wrist which had a sun and one tiny star.

She called over a guard and whispered something in his ear. The guard nodded and ran out the room.

I was confused as hell. She said me and Mark on the gold lined couch. She grabbed my hands and took a deep breath.

"Sean honey, I know this is not going to make any sense. You don't have to believe me but, that mark, it's not a mistake. You're the prince of the moon." She said with a gentle tone in her voice.

I froze. Mark wrapped his arm around my waist. I looked up at her, then at mark.

"You're mother is the queen of darkness." She continued. "And you're the prince of darkness." My breath hitched.

Mark tighten his grip to show support. "Lead me to her." I said. "I want to hear it from her." The queen nodded.

She lead us to a portal. She went first. I was hesitant but I eventually followed. Mark did the same.

I saw this whole new world around me. Everything was dark except for Mark and his mom.

I had black smoke following me when I enter here. My eyes glowed a green color. One eye turned entirely green while my other was still blue but was green where it used to be white.

The queen held her head up high. My people looked at her weirdly and whispered things to each other.

I looked back at Mark, who also had his head up and was glowing a tiny bit of gold.

We eventually made it to a castle that looked hundreds of years old. I checked my wrist again.

The outline of the moon was now colored in.

I followed the red carpet to a big thrown and a tiny one sitting next to it. A woman I could recognize was sitting in the big thrown.

Mark's Mom bowed in front of her, so did Mark. They moved so I could see all her features.

 They moved so I could see all her features

I noticed that I didn't bow to her. I did and looked up at her. She placed a hand on the bottom of my chin.

Her brown eyes turned red. "Welcome back son." Then I felt a shock flow through my entire body.

I cried in pain and held my head. Then, every single event came back to me.

"Welcome into this world son." My mother kissed my forehead. I was a baby. I made a noise and played with her long, black, hair.

I had a wooden sword. I playfully poked my mother. She gasped and fell to the floor. I was 5 years old. We both laughed along.

I was now 10 and my mom brought me to a weird place. She was crying. I was sad. "What's going on mommy?" I asked. She rubbed my cheek. "I'm so sorry Jack." She kissed my forehead. "I love you." She put a device on my head. She hit a button, then everything went black.

"You erased my memories." I said. She nodded. "But he didn't find you. I did what I had to."

I looked at her confused. "Who didn't find me?" I asked. She looked down then at me. "Your father. He was evil." She said with a sad voice.

I went up to her and hugged her. "It's okay mom. You did what was needed of you." I asked.

She smiled and ran her fingers through my neon green hair. "Did your foster mom take good care of you?" She asked. I nodded.

She kissed my forehead. "Let's hope he doesn't come back Sean." She said. I looked up into her brown eyes.

"I won't let him hurt you." I said. I looked back at Mark. He had happy tears in his eyes.

I looked up at the other thrown. I got up and sat there. "Welcome home Jack."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this chapter makes sense xD