I Will Not Bow

Jack's POV

I looked around me. They surrounded me with knives. One of them chuckled evilly.

My eyes darted from one person to the other. All of a sudden I heard a scream escape one of their mouths.

I turned around and saw Luke?!?! He motioned me to help him since they were distracted.

I pounced on one and snapped his neck. We pounced on them till only one was left.

I looked at Luke. He smiled evilly at me then attacked the last guy. The unexpected happened.

The guard threw the knife at me. Luke killed the guy. I looked down but didn't see the knife.

I looked at my shoulder and saw it. I gagged a little but pulled it out. Luke rushed to my aid.

I looked up at him confused. "Why are you helping me?" I asked. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Because I felt bad. I'm sorry Jack." I looked at him in disbelief. We heard yelling and loud bangs coming towards us.

Luke looked at me. "Go save your mother. I can hold them off." I nodded and ran towards the castle.

I barged through the castle doors, holding my shoulder. My eyes darted to every corner of the room.

Nothing. I ran to the bottom floor, the basement. I slowly walked down there. A red bulb was my only source of light.

I saw my mom. She was tied to a chair, with duck tape on her mouth. Her eyes filled with horror when she saw me.

She was trying to yell something but the tape muffled her screams. I heard the door slam behind me.

I felt an agonizing pain in my back. I hissed in pain. I fell to the floor on my hands and knees.

"Oh jacky, you really thought you could save your mother? Ha! You're weak! Just like her." He held me by my face.

"Heh, and and to think, I actually wanted you as a child." I glared at him. He jerked my face and let go of his grip.

"You're a killer!" I shouted. He chuckled evilly. "I am. I skin women alive. But I made myself useful." I was in shock and looked at my mother.

She looked down. "Oh she didn't tell you the entire story huh? Poor child." He held my face gently.

Then he signaled one of his guards to chain me up. I tried to fight back but his men were to strong.

I was chained to the floor. I also had tape on my mouth. I tried to stand up, but the excruciating pain in my back and the chain didn't let me.

I finally gave up and laid against the wall as I helplessly watched him yell at my mom.

One of the men kicked me. "Get on your knees." He said coldly. I slowly did what he told me to.

He bit into my neck. I hissed even though it was muffled by the tape. He almost drained me. My vision was blurry.

My father grabbed my face again. "And now, since you're even weaker, you will watch your mother die." He said the last word so evilly that it made my shake.

She chuckled and let go of my face. He walked over to a wooden table. I saw a knife, freshly sharpened, sitting there waiting to be used.

I fought against the chain and screamed my lungs out, but nothing worked.

My mom had tears streaming down her face. I tried to scream more. He walked around her chair until he was behind her.

He quickly pulled out a knife and held it against my mom's neck faster than I could blink. I had tears streaming down my flushed cheeks.

She was breathing heavily. I was too. "Give it up assholes!" The door swung open.

I looked up and my eyes filled with hope.