Chapter 2

Isaac's POV

Augustus Waters is dead. He left me here, blind and nearly friendless. Sure, I have Hazel, all of the cancer group members, and even the ball-less Patrick. None of them can fill the void of his friendship. Not even Hazel can replace him.

I still believe that everyone should have true love, and that it should last as long as your life does. Hazel and Augustus were not given that much time, but their love was truer than the kind you read about as a little kid.

In this love story, Prince Charming didn't ride up on his white stallion, rather he hobbled up on his one leg. The princess didn't lose a shoe, live with dwarves, or ride around in a carriage. Background music never played when they looked at eachother. No, this was a real love story.

I miss him so much. I just can't believe this happened this way. I..... I.... I didn't even get to see him at his funeral, okay? Everyone gets to walk up, look at his body, and mourn him with his family. I didn't get to do that. I had to walk over to the casket (assisted by my mom), and pretend to see him. Pretend to see my best friend for the last time. That was when it really hit me.

I am blind, Hazel is alone, and the world is without Augustus Waters.