In My Eyes- Chapter Four

Hey guys!

Chapter four is here! Sorry for being lazy with my uploads, I've been super busy with school. It's almost the holidays so the teachers are freaking out and giving us heaps of assignments. It sucks.

I should upload the next chapter by around Sunday. And Art of Courting around Friday.

Only 12 days till the sequel of He Was Looking For A Princess, Instead He Found Me! Get keen!

Love,

- Twix

**Caution: Course language and unedited**

4. What Ever You Do, DO NOT Anger Your Mate

As Emilee slept I surveyed the room. Most of the delinquents were sleeping (well, it was almost five in the morning) and the few that were awake had droopy eyes. The cell soon grew hot with the combined breaths of all of the humans. Almost all of the heat was coming from a couple on the bed beside us, their hair dyed pink and orange. I didn’t even want to think about what they were doing.

Sweat trickled down my back.

I made the split decision to take my top off, knowing that most of the people were already asleep. It wasn’t like I was flashing anyone conscious. Emilee moved around before reaching out and grabbing my arms.

“Oof,” I groaned as she pulled me down next to her. Man, that chick had muscles. “Emilee…”

She moaned slightly before wiggling around and laying her head on my chest. My heart lurched. With her head on my chest like that, it felt… I don’t know. Right. It just… fit.

My eyes drooped and I lay my head back against the pillow. I was just about to fall asleep when Emilee started thrashing a little.

“No,” she murmured. “No, Lilli. Come back…. don’t… leave…”

“Emilee,” I whispered and gently touched her face. Her lips puckered and a small crease appeared between her eyes.

“Dana…” she sighed. “Don’t… scream like… that.”

A small tear fell down her cheek.

“Milee, please wake up,” I practically begged. Something about the way she was thrashing and crying. It unsettled me. She shouldn’t be sad.

A strangled sound left her lips. Oh no. Emilee’s back arched against me and her mouth opened to expel a gut-retching scream. The girl with the pink hair turned from her boyfriend to glare at me. I put my hand over Emilee’s lips.

Her chest started convulsing slightly as she whipped her head from side to side.

“WAKE UP EMILEE!” I shouted and grabbed her by the shoulders, shaking her slightly. Her dark eyes burst open and were filled with tears. I frowned at her before she crushed herself into my chest. Confused, I put my arms around her as she trembled.

“I had a nightmare,” she whispered softly. Even with my excelled hearing, I hardly heard her.

“I know,” I murmured back, “you were screaming.”

I pulled her closer and she buried her head in my neck, inhaling deeply. She felt surprisingly right in my arms, and if I didn’t already know that Dana was my mate I would have speculated that she could be. But she definitely wasn’t my mate. Like I said before, she wasn’t princess material.