Chapter 5

Jessica’s POV

I bet you think that Kayla and I saw Ryan kissing some girl, right?

Wrong.

It was much worse!

For me at least.

It was Carter… he was kissing… Claire?

“What are you two doing?!” I scolded.

They immediately pulled apart, looking around, as if thinking it was a teacher who interrupted them.

“I’m right here.” I called they’re attention.

Both of their eyes landed on me, “What?” Claire asks, looking pretty annoyed.

I grabbed her wrist, and dragged her away.

Once we were out of ear shot, I scolded, “Why were you kissing Carter?”

“His name is ‘Connor’.” She corrects, “And why can’t I kiss him?!”

“He’s a playboy, Claire.” I reminded her, “You know that!”

“You like Ryan.” She reminded me.

“So?” I ask, “I ain't going around kissing him!”

Go ahead, judge me.

But I don’t care; I just don’t want to see Claire getting hurt. She had her heart broken millions of times, and I don’t want it to be a million and one.

“Who cares?” she asks, “I like Connor!”

No, you can’t! “Are you two together or something?” I ask, “He has a girlfriend!”

“I know.” She blushed, “But… it’s pretty much like they aren’t.” she insists. “They technically both cheat on each other. Just yesterday, I saw Mia kissing some dude; they looked like they were ready to rip their clothes off.”

Did I mention that Mia Jarvis is Carter’s girlfriend?

They don’t actually have a steady relationship. They both cheat on each other, and they both know it! They’re relationship is pretty weird, and is probably one of the biggest relationship gossip in this school.

I used a calmer tone, “Claire, I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

“I know, but we aren’t actually a thing.” She admits, “So… why loose something if it was never yours in the first place, right?”

“Fine!” I give in, “As your best friend, I support your decision, even if it is a bad one.”

She rolls her eyes, “Thank you.”

“No problem.” I smile at her, “Just don’t come crying to me, once he leaves.” I joke.

“You’re my friend; you’re supposed to cheer me up when I’m sad!”

“Fine!” I give up, “You have my shoulder to cry on once he ditches you.”

Just as I finished my sentence, the bell rang.

Since it was P.E. today, our schedule was obviously different from the other school days.

We all walked to our next classes. My first class just happened to be…

Gym Class

Sadly, I didn’t have this class with any of my close friends.

Our gym teacher, Mr. Rock, walked in.

I know you probably want to laugh, because his surname is ‘Rock’, but don’t.

That guy is probably as strong as the incredible Hulk; he had the muscles of a body builder, a face as fierce as a lion, and a glare as spooky as a ghost. So trust me, you don’t want to get on his bad side.