Chapter 12

Jessica’s POV

A few days went by, and it was already our P.E. day.

If you have a strong memory; you would remember what my first class was.

Any guesses?

Anyway, I walked over to my next class.

Gym Class

Once I have changed into my gym shorts, I entered the room. Don't you remember me saying that I didn’t have this class with any of my close friends?

Well… I did. But that doesn’t mean I didn’t know anyone here. There were a bunch of people here that were still my friends, but most importantly; I had this class with Leah... yes, I had this class with her.

Once Mr. Rock entered the room, everyone went silent. We all knew better than to mess with Mr. Rock. I recall saying that our math teacher, Mrs. Allen was the strictest teacher on earth? Well, I take it back. Mr. Rock was the strictest… and scariest!

“Class,” Mr. Rock speaks, in his deep and freaky voice, “we will be running laps today.” Since no one moved, Mr. Rock shouts, “Move, now!”

At the sound of his frightening scream, everyone started running laps all around the gym.

“Jamie, just the person I wanted to see.” Someone beside me said.

I didn’t have to look to know who it was. Kill me, now! “What do you want, Leah?” I groan in irritation, “And for the last time, my name is Jessica!” God, is this what Connor feels every time I ‘forget’ his name?

“I just wanted to talk to you, you know, one on one.” She says, running at my pace.

“If this is about Ryan, I---“

“I know you kissed him, you liar!” her tone changed from friendly to bitchy. “I knew you liked him!”

I could have stopped in my tracks, if Mr. Rock didn’t scream, “Faster!” At the sound of his voice, everyone ran faster, some were even running so fast, that I found it unreal.

“What?” Leah’s voice cuts my thoughts, “Not gonna deny it?”

I smirk, “Now, now, Leah, if I said that, I’d be lying, now wouldn’t I?” I know I should’ve denied it, but this girl was annoying the hell outta me, so I did that, just to annoy her.

“So, are you guys like, dating or something?” there was a bit of jealousy in her tone, but she quickly covered it.

“Yeah.”

“But you---“ her eyes widen.

“Now, now, don't go apeshit on me.” I smirk.

“I wasn’t going to, I---“

“It’s okay, I won’t tell anyone.” I smirk, watching her scowl.

Soon, gym class was over. Once I was ready for my next class, I headed off to the school swimming pool. I want to tell you all about it, but nothing good really happened, so basically, we just swam.

Lunch Time

“Jess, I swear, if your brother doesn’t show up this weekend, I’m gonna kill him.” Kayla promises.

“I still don't get how your long-distance relationship is working.” I smirk, “With my brother being an idiot, of course.”

“He isn’t an idiot!”

“You’re just saying that because your dating him.” I taunt.

“No I’m not, I---“

“Sorry,” I interrupt, “He’ll be busy this Saturday; maybe he can spend time with you on Sunday.” I shudder; remember that we had to visit our ‘dear’ father.