Chapter 17

For those of you who care, MY LAPTOP IS OKAY AGAIN! I should’ve typed this in my laptop, but I'm going to miss this little netbook of yours, Bia. I kinda got used to this netbook, so… it will be pretty different to start typing in mine again, especially since its 10 times heavier than this netbook, (but trust me, this netbook isn’t even close to heavy).

Anyway, the chapter you’ve all been waiting for!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ryan’s POV

“I don't know if it’s already cleared or anything, but we’re over.” Jessica sneers, and turns on her heel to walk away, but I grab her wrist before she could.

“Let me explain.” I beg.

This was not ending like this! I was going to tell Connor to keep the money, and after, I was going to tell Jessie everything!

She ripped her hand right out of my grasp, “Rot in hell.”

“Jessie---“ I tried.

“Don't call me that!” She yells, “I opened up to you, yesterday, I told you everything! Jacob was right, I shouldn’t have trusted you.”

I was going to apologize, beg for her to let me explain, but before I could, and before I knew it, she had pushed me backwards.

I didn’t have time to regain my balance, so I landed right in the pool. But once I resurfaced, the last thing I saw was Jessica leaving with Justin.

Why didn’t I tell her sooner? Why did she have to leave with him?! I don't think I've mentioned this, but there’s something I don't like about Justin.

Ever since that party, when I scared him off, and Jessie and I got into an argument, I didn’t really like him.

I snapped out of my thoughts and got out of the pool. But when I got out, I just happen to find Claire screaming at Connor. Great!

I hope you knew that was sarcasm.

“How could you guys do that to her!” she slapped Connor right in his face.

“Claire, I---“

“I know I wasn’t part of the bet, but how could you?!” she fumes.

“Babe, listen---“

“Oh no, I’m not your babe anymore!”

“What?” Connor’s eyes widened.

Claire was practically red, but not from embarrassment, but from pure rage! “This,” she gestures to her and Connor, “is finished!”

“Come on, I---“

“I don't have anything to say to you anymore.” She interrupts him, “Goodbye!” Without another word, she leaves.

Great, two break ups, and two girls screaming. At least Kayla didn’t come to this party, or we’d have to answer to her too.

“You okay, man?” I ask Connor.

“I’m cool.” He lies.

I can see right through him, he was pretty much faking it. Don't tell anyone, but Connor has had this thing for Claire since freshman year, so it’s understandable that he’s pretty whipped.

"Here." I hand him the money that he gave me earlier.

"Dude, this is yours." He hands it back to me, but I didn't take it.