chapter twenty-three

"Haz?"

Harry looked up from his seat on the couch, taking notice of Louis shifting on his feet. He could see the boy was nervous by the way he was wringing his fingers around each other and biting his lip.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "What is it Lou?"

"Uh," Louis started, looking at him guiltily, "I have to tell you something."

"What is it?" Harry asked, becoming nervous.

Louis came closer, sitting down cross legged on the couch, facing him.

"I got a call from management," he said, "and you know how sometimes we split up and do separate interviews?"

Harry nodded, "Yeah."

"Well, um," Louis scratched the back of his neck, "Me, Liam, and Zayn have to fly out to LA for a few of those. And for a signing."

"Okay..." Harry nodded, not sure what the problem was, "Then I'll just go with you Lou."

Louis sighed, looking down.

"No, Haz, you and Niall are staying here," he said softly, "You've got interviews in the area and a meet and greet. You can't come with me."

Harry looked down, breathing shakily.

"How long will you be gone?" he asked sadly.

"Two weeks," Louis muttered, guilt clear in his tone.

Harry felt his bottom lip shake as his eyesight became fuzzy.

"But-" he whimpered, looking up at Louis, "But I don't...I don't want you to go. I just- can't Niall go? And you can stay here?"

Louis shook his head, scooting closer, "I wish he could, love, but management already arranged everything. The told me that the three of us leave on Monday."

Harry covered his face with his hands, "That's only three days away, Lou, I don't- you can't-"

Louis shushed him as he pulled him into his arms. "It's only two weeks, love," he whispered, "I don't want to go just as much as you don't want me to. But it's part of the job. And we'll Skype, yeah? And I'll call you whenever I can. You'll be fine, I'm not leaving, just going away for a couple weeks."

Harry sniffled, feeling ashamed for crying over something so silly.

"I just don't want you to leave, Lou." he whimpered.

Louis tutted, running his hands through Harry's chocolate colored curls, "Hey now," he spoke softly, "I'll be back. We can't spend the next few days crying or worrying, yeah? How about we go out for dinner, and we'll spend the weekend having fun?"

Harry laughed softly, sniffing a little, and nodded.

"Okay," Louis smiled, kissing his forehead, "I love you."

Harry smiled, pressing a kiss to Louis' palm, "Love you too."

***

The next three days went by faster than Harry and Louis would have liked. It felt more to them like three hours than days.

Somehow, though, it was already Monday, and Harry watched sadly as Louis got his things ready to go to the airport.

"Hey," Louis said, placing his palm on Harry's cheek, "Don't be sad. You'll have fun here with Niall, who doesn't love hanging out with that boy?"

Harry chuckled, feeling Louis wipe away a tear that had spilled over.

"Don't cry, love," he whispered, "I'll be back in no time."