chapter twenty-nine

A/N: don't kill me.

***

"Dance hard, laugh more, turn the music up now!"

Harry squinted his eyes through the beams of sunlight that lit the room.

"Party like a rockstar, can I get a what now?"

He smiled softly and padded down the hall, stopping at the bottom of the stairs to see Louis singing in the kitchen.

"I swear I'll do anything that I have to,"

The fluffy haired boy stopped what he was doing, posing with the spatula as if it were a microphone.

"Till I forget about you!"

"Big Time Rush?"

The small boy spun around on the tiled floor to face Harry, smiling bashfully.

"Everyone loves Big Time Rush," he mumbled, pulling Harry into a hug, "even if they don't admit it."

The younger boy chuckled, patting Louis' bum before pulling away.

"What are you making?"

"I thought I'd try my hand at pancakes," Louis drawled out, poking his little finger through the hole on the spatula's handle and spinning it 'round his finger, "not sure how good they'll taste."

Harry smiled, taking the tool from the boy and using it to flip the pancake, revealing a nice golden brown color.

"I'm sure they'll be great," he mumbled, gripping Louis' waist and pulling him close.

Their lips moved together slowly, Louis turning them around to press Harry against the counter top.

The small sound of a pancake sizzling and that of their lips softly smacking resonated through the kitchen.

Harry's hands made their way down to Louis' bum, squeezing it softly through his sweatpants and pulling him closer.

He let a small gasp of air escape him as Louis sucked lightly on his bottom lip, giving it a soft nip before pressing their lips together once more.

Harry ran his tongue lightly along Louis' lip, before licking into his mouth. It wasn't heated or needy, more loving and calm than anything.

"Harry," Louis murmured, gasping softly, "you're-"

A small shriek sounded from the doorway, making the two boys break apart quickly.

Niall's eyes were tired but wide, his hair disheveled from sleep.

"You two," he glared, pointing an accusing finger at them, "need to control yourselves."

Harry snickered, moving away to flip the slightly burned pancake.

"Shut up, Niall," Louis scoffed, "as if you've never seen two people kiss."

The Irish boy made a tutting sound, pouring himself a cup of tea, "Not snogging in my kitchen!"

"Our kitchen," Harry corrected, piling all of the pancakes together on a tray.

Niall grumbled under his breath, taking a seat at the table. "Well, what are you waiting for? I need food!"

Harry smiled, putting three pancakes on a plate for Niall and passing him a bottle of syrup.

The three ate in silence, Louis' hand on Harry's thigh, giving it soft squeezes now and then.

They looked up when seeing Liam trudge into the kitchen, not saying a word as he fixed his food and filled a glass with water.

"Y'alright Liam?" Louis asked, nudging his foot from across the table.