Part IV

Feyre froze. This was not the best time to go into labor. There was a slight chance that these people could see this vulnerability and seize the opportunity to attack. What if they were pretending to broker peace. This can't happen now. Rhys could sense her rising panic and was instantly in motion.

"Cassian go get a healer," Rhys commanded. Cassian was instantly in motion, stepping out of the dining room and flying off of the balcony within seconds.

Then Feyre's contractions began. The pain was nearly unbearable, she breathed in out, in out, over and over until the pain subsided. Rhys was beside her the whole time, trying to coach her through, but she heard nothing. Aelin shifted, about to stand.

"You. Sit," Rhys snapped at her.

"She needs to move somewhere where she can lie down, before the pain comes back," Aelin spoke softly lest to unleash Rhysand's protectiveness, "let me help. I won't hurt her." She stood and moved around the table towards me, Rhys was ridged with tension. "Is there a room that she can be moved to?"

"Yes," he glanced at the others. Mor stood ready to fight if need be, Amren right beside her. Azriel moved closer to her sisters, putting himself between the foreigners. Caeden stood guard for his cousins, "through these doors and down the hallways," Rhys came to Feyre's other side and led her towards the hallway, "Mor, when Cassian returns with the healer bring her back."

Feyre was led down the hall to a small room with a bed and some chairs. Feyre figured that this room was made for the purpose of an emergency, since winnowing in the House of Wind was prohibited. The pain started again just before Rhys could help her onto the bed and she nearly collapsed.

"Thank you," he told Aelin, dismissing her. She walked out of the room and down the hall toward the dining room. Once her footsteps faded Feyre looked at Rhys.

"This is happening," she whispered to him.

"Yes, it is, Feyre darling," he whispered back.

***

Rhysand held his daughter for the first time looking down at her, he smiled. She had beautiful gray eyes like her mother. What made him most happy were the bat like wings that protruded from her back, just between her shoulder blades, they hung limp as newborn's wings often did. Rhys continued to smile down at her, then he looked to his mate. She was half asleep on the bed, her eyes drooping and slowly closing with sleep.

"Sleep now my love, I will take care of her till you wake," Rhys smiled at her.

"Adira," she murmured.

"Hmm," he rose his eyebrows in question.

"Her name," Feyre whispered, then her eyes closed completely.

A/N: Sorry for it's short length. I figured since I haven't updated in so long I would add this short chapter for y'all. Thanks so much for all of your comments and votes.
-Sage